New Husky top handle t540 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep....very original.

701141608_9y53B-M.jpg

I swear to god I've seen that saw somewhere before......

I have no specifics, but I do know that there has been a planned XP model on the T-435 chassis. The T-435 is actually a pretty snappy saw with a nice bark to the exhaust. It easily smokes the 334 that it replaced.

This saw does balance a lot more like a 200T than the front heavy 334/338. This new XP version might change things, but until it does, I'd say that the good ole 200T is still on top. And believe it or not, I hope the 200T is king of the hill for another 20 years. I hate working on top handle saws almost as much as weed wackers, so Stihl can have all of that business it wants. :givebeer:

I hate working on top handle saws almost as much as weed wackers, so Stihl can have all of that business it wants. :givebeer:

If not the Stihl 200, then what do you recommend/see the climbers use?

Steve W.

If not the Stihl 200, then what do you recommend/see the climbers use?

Steve W.

I actually have been selling quite a few of the T-435's, and the climbers are pretty happy with them. (And they're not bad to work on as far as top handle saws go). My comment on the Stihl is that stock, it still has the most power in the top handle class. Although, some guys have muff modded 2139's and 338XPT's and they do jump ahead of the Stihl.

Also, I was injecting a little sarcasm in there that since I hate working on top handle saws, that I absolutely love that little ole Stihl cause it's going somewhere else for repairs.

Here's something very interesting about top handles in general. A recent death in upstate NY has some of the big local tree companies considering banning top handle saws. The guy was a kickback victim, and was cut from his chin down to his stomach. He survived the cut, barely, but died two weeks later from staff infection. He was in a bucket, and using the saw with one hand, which is what everyone does with top handle saws, even though officially no one can admit or even suggest that they might be intended to be used that way. So to discourage one handed saw use, or to at least appear that way legally, the companies may eliminate them from their trucks/crews.

Here's something very interesting about top handles in general. A recent death in upstate NY has some of the big local tree companies considering banning top handle saws. The guy was a kickback victim, and was cut from his chin down to his stomach. He survived the cut, barely, but died two weeks later from staff infection. He was in a bucket, and using the saw with one hand, which is what everyone does with top handle saws, even though officially no one can admit or even suggest that they might be intended to be used that way. So to discourage one handed saw use, or to at least appear that way legally, the companies may eliminate them from their trucks/crews.

Sounds like idiots running the rules and dimwits running the saws

I have put this in the climbing forum but in this forum, there are much more people... The new t540xp, new top handle chainsaw from Hva. looks similar in desing to the 200´s. I supposed 40 cc, x-torq engine, and rear gas tank.

Now way I'm sure it has a 54cc engine in a small package.

:laugh:

Hi fellas!

No, I don´t have the specs. The pics are from the Husq. service page. There is a video too, but I can´t put it. The only thing that I can say is over the exausth, because in the pic don´t look. Is similar than the 338-339. I´m sorry, but I don´t have more. If I´ll know, I´ll put here, don´t worry

I actually have been selling quite a few of the T-435's, and the climbers are pretty happy with them. (And they're not bad to work on as far as top handle saws go). My comment on the Stihl is that stock, it still has the most power in the top handle class. Although, some guys have muff modded 2139's and 338XPT's and they do jump ahead of the Stihl.

Also, I was injecting a little sarcasm in there that since I hate working on top handle saws, that I absolutely love that little ole Stihl cause it's going somewhere else for repairs.

that is terrible and unfortunate. The trouble with that is when guys start one handing a rear handle saw because they NEED to be able to cut one handed sometimes to get the job done. I've seen it done several times by power company hacks in town here. The answer is training not banning because if you take away one tool they are going to be using an even more dangerous tool to do the same thing

se ve hermosa

con que funcione como la 338xpt me doy por satisfecho

saludos.: heart:: heart:

Thanks Spike60 for the reply.
Sooo, since this new top handle is at least past the design stage, what's anybodys guess as to how long before we begin to see it on the market?

that is terrible and unfortunate. The trouble with that is when guys start one handing a rear handle saw because they NEED to be able to cut one handed sometimes to get the job done. I've seen it done several times by power company hacks in town here. The answer is training not banning because if you take away one tool they are going to be using an even more dangerous tool to do the same thing

Yup. That's eactly what they'll do.

Thanks Spike60 for the reply.
Sooo, since this new top handle is at least past the design stage, what's anybodys guess as to how long before we begin to see it on the market?

There was a meeting this past week, and it wasn't even mentioned. "Sometime" in 2011 would be my guess.

Latest posts

Back