New Husqvarna's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kruege84

kruege84

ArboristSite Guru
There is a hidden ploy here no one has recognized.....the demise of the "Scrench" (!) :angry2:

Would that really be that bad though? I buy an extra everytime I'm at the dealer, but can never seem to find one when I need it. I sometimes wonder where they all go. It'll be interesting to see how many I find next time I clean the garage....

On the another note, someone brought up 'homeowner saws.' I'm sure the plastic chain adjusters work just fine the guys who only fire up their saws a couple times a year. But to me, more plastic just seems like more stuff that can break.

:cheers:

BloodOnTheIce

BloodOnTheIce

Addicted to ArboristSite
The quick adjust on saws like the 180, 192, 200 makes sense since a lot of them are used in trees, and not having to carry a scrench while climbing or in a bucket boom makes sense. But when you get to the 250 and above the idea of 1 bar stud instead of two seems sketchy at best and the shop owner refuses to carry the 270, 280 and 361 with it. I wouldn't run a 361 with a with only one bar stud. But people blindly follow what consumer reports says, and you can track sales by what they choose to be the best.

teacherman

teacherman

Aging out of the insanity...
AS Supporting Member
Ever try to flip those blasted caps in the winter time wearing insulated gloves when its -20 farenheit?Fat chance.Or blow a tank of bar oil on yer left chap when your in a hurry,and didnt notice that it wasnt locked all the way in?
Never worked with the tooless bar,so Ill continue to carry a scrench in the pocket on the side of my carharts,thats what its there for.
ak4195

I think they are messy. I try to clean the sawdust from around the oil fill hole, and those stupid flip caps and their screw holes have all these recesses to catch sawdust. Also, the one on my ms192T is real tricky to get locked all the way. What an example of counterproductive overengineering. One should always have a "scrench" for chain adjusting anyway, so what is the problem with tightening a gas cap? Anyway, the little retaining ball always falls out of the slot, so it risks being lost. Oh well, I guess humanity is getting stupider,:monkey: so why should saw designers be any different?:angry2:

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
..... I wouldn't run a 361 with a with only one bar stud. But people blindly follow what consumer reports says, and you can track sales by what they choose to be the best.

Yeah, and ol' Tom keep pesturing me with the fact that the 250 "won" that test, in spite that it cut a whole lot slower than the 345 and 2145......:censored:

.. not to speak of the 350/2150....

Last edited:
COLD_IRON

COLD_IRON

Addicted to ArboristSite
I mean really, is it too much work to pick up a screwdriver?

Try saying that if you're in a tree and you just dropped your swrench.

The QCA's have their advantages and disadvantages depending on how you will use the saw.

I did a write up on the QCA awhile back - do a search for "the QCA explained"

crane

crane

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hate to be a downer.....but all these "new innovations" mfg's keep coming out with are all about parts$. Can't get all the sawdust off from around the caps=new filter sale, cap not locked properly= +1jug of bar oil, plastic pieces break/lost= more parts. No company wants to sell you a $600 saw then never see you for 5+years. Just like the new trucks. Seems like your always back to the dealer for warranty or parts. No money to be made in things that last. My solution would be, try the new inovations on the "Homeowner saw" market and leave all the top parts for the pro's. Before this gets ugly, I'm in the homeowner class.

Just Mow

Just Mow

Don't touch my Willie !!!
Hate to be a downer.....but all these "new innovations" mfg's keep coming out with are all about parts$. Can't get all the sawdust off from around the caps=new filter sale, cap not locked properly= +1jug of bar oil, plastic pieces break/lost= more parts. No company wants to sell you a $600 saw then never see you for 5+years. Just like the new trucks. Seems like your always back to the dealer for warranty or parts. No money to be made in things that last. My solution would be, try the new inovations on the "Homeowner saw" market and leave all the top parts for the pro's. Before this gets ugly, I'm in the homeowner class.

Somebody finally figured it out. And we thought OEM's were dumb.:)

Latest posts