New McCulloch homeowner saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta admit,that's a nice looking saw in those colours though it could use a little more yellow.Of course,it's no Jonsered.Well,ok,maybe it is:biggrin:

attachment.php

Look, a integrated combi tool.

:hmm3grin2orange:

How long before the woods are full of those?

I dont know, but there held in place with a pretty sturdy metal clip, and there secured better then I thought they would be.

If you catch the screwdriver end they will remove without a ton of effort though, so I would imagine a few will end up being lost.

All in all a pretty good idea though to have the scrench on board and handy that way, sure beats the tooless chain adjusters they all have been touting.

My whole point is that this new McCulloch seems to be nothing more then a Elux Poulan/Husky/Jonsered made saw and is no more Mac then the name on the side of it.

Do we know if its even going to be sold here in North America yet?

The Mac name has been so tarnished here after the MTD/Jen Fen fisco, I dont see where it will help much to try to sell them here. Then again, I'm not into all that marketing stuff and those guys make lots more money then I do...

Last edited:
My question is where are they made? Looks like they took lower end Husqvarnas and put them in new dress. Did they also find a way to make older designs cheaper by manufacturing in China, for example? Changes in materials that you can't easily see?

If you listen to the YouTube videos, above, they talk about graphics, and appearance, and appeal, and features. Not so much engineering. Probably a way to extricate Husky from big box stores and make it a 'professional' brand.

The Echo saws are starting to look better.

Philbert

I like the bar, I wonder if I can fit that on my 2-10:hmm3grin2orange:

You can paint any saw black and yellow and call it a McCulloch.......but the true fans will see right through the colors.

It has both a toolless adjuster and a built in scrench holder? Did they at least fix the fuel caps or is that why they stuck the scrench on it.

In german threads they get a high praising as a homeowner firewood saw.

Yeah, well, the Germans like David Hasselhoff. Even when he sings.

Philbert

:laugh:

Now wait, how do you know that he is so often in Germany? Are you his secret favorite fan and follow him all around the world!? :hmm3grin2orange:

The smallest saw in the new McCulloch range (34cc) from Husqvarna Group (not Elux) is more like the small Poulan but the design is the lower end Husqvarna / Jonsered, but they don't have a model whit the small engine.
attachment.php

Same design as lower end Husqvarna / Jonsered but in a new dress.

Last edited:
Magnus, your correct, about the Husqvarna group, not Elux, I'm still getting used to that.

Poulan dose have the style you shown up to 42cc so I still say what I did.

The Poulan 5020 is like the larger one and also like the Husqvarna/Jonsered as well. Lots of cross breeding going on here.

Magnus, your correct, about the Husqvarna group, not Elux, I'm still getting used to that.

Poulan dose have the style you shown up to 42cc so I still say what I did.

The Poulan 5020 is like the larger one and also like the Husqvarna/Jonsered as well. Lots of cross breeding going on here.

Poulan and Poulan Pro are very simular, but they are not "clones" like Husqvarna, Jonsered, and now the new McCulloch. There are some few differences between Poulan/Poulan Pro and the Husqvarna/Jonsered/McCulloch clones...
And it is Magne not Magnus ....:msp_rolleyes:

Last edited:
Poulan and Poulan Pro are very simular, but they are not "clones" like Husqvarna, Jonsered, and now the new McCulloch. There are some few differences between Poulan/Poulan Pro and the Husqvarna/Jonsered/McCulloch clones...

So Magne, can you explain these differences? None of them are clones per say, but there all a lot alike.

Can you tell us more about these,new macs? Where are they produced? Where are they going to be sold? Are there going to be a string of new franchised MAC dealers springing up?

What was the point of this thread? There is really no new info here, the word that these were coming has been out for awhile.

So Magne, can you explain these differences? None of them are clones per say, but there all a lot alike.
It appears that some are produced side by side in the same plants.

Can you tell us more about these,new macs? Where are they produced? Where are they going to be sold? Are there going to be a string of new franchised MAC dealers springing up?

What was the point of this thread? There is really no new info here, the word that these were coming has been out for awhile.

Back