new member,need a little help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popwarlick

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I postd a few days ago about a little help on getting a good harness and set of hooks,lifeline if i need to get out of the bucket truck to get that top or one more limb i cant rreach.I am 51 yrs old,had a shoulder replaced a few years ago,butt i have a ####load of work.If no one wants to respond i understand( liabilities),All i want to do is be safe. thanks forr any help Terry

Terry, I will set you up. This is simple, go to the WesSpur or Sherill website and look up spur climbing kits, then choose the one that you think will best fit your needs. They all contain what you will need besides some other good handlines for roping limbs down. Good luck shopping, any more questions just holler.

Last edited:
new member, need a little help

I am 54 & use a Buckingham Saddle with the Fall Arresting harness built into it, same one for Bucket and get out and climb. They can be put on anyone of the Arbormaster series of of climbing saddles, also a good place for most tree tools

I do a lot of work alone so im going to need the right eqip.i have been doing it the old way,just use common sense but i know theres a rite way and a wrng way.I may post in and ask some dum ques. but its better than gettin smacked.I have logged all my life,i have seen what can happen when things arent plannd.I know better than to overstep my knowledge.All i can say is yall get ready I preciate any and all. TERRY

I use a Buckingham saddle with a butt seat, Buckingham spurs and a steelcore quick adjusting lanyard. The saddle is comfortable, I like the Buckinghams better than the Kliens, but Klien does make great pliers!

Hope that is of some help, its what works for me.

Latest posts

Back