New rings for obsolete saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old2stroke

Never too many toys
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Trying to find rings for an old Mac that's not listed by the usual parts suppliers and most of the ring manufacturers only list their rings according to make and model of the saw so they aren't much help if they don't have the saw listed. My source for finding rings based only on rings specs has dried up and the only one I can find is Caber but they only give bore diameter and ring thickness. I'm trying to find standard cast iron rings with flat ends (no grove pegs) for a 35mm bore that are 1.2mm thick and 1.3mm wide. Incidentally, where do you get Caber rings, it looks like Baileys doesn't sell them anymore.

This is a long shot because I am working from my increasingly faulty memory, but I seem to recall most 27cc RC/minimoto engines have that piston ring size.
Don't ask me to name a brand, but usually going with the piston to an RC shop is enough to solve the issue, albeit at a higher price than online. :envy:

Do you have a part number? I have a few old boxes of Mac parts till
This is where everyone says "why bother". It's for a Mac 110 (part #92752) that's been sitting in my junkbox and is in good shape except for the rings and I'm bored and got nothing better to do. I think I'll buy a set of 35mm rings and ignore the end shape difference or a set of 36mm and file the ends flat as suggested.

Back