New saw, 562XP full wrap.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must have gone right over your head! The spike/dog/dawg/bumper keeps the chainsaw locked to the log, just as any other mechanical dog does. You really should have known...;)

Well, I have no problem understanding that people who are using heavy saws with long bars want them for steadying the saw when felling large trees. What I don't understand is that people who is not doing that also want them - unless they are very weak or very lazy....:msp_biggrin:

Last edited:
Well, I have no problem understanding that people who are using heavy saws with long bars want them for steadying the saw when felling large trees. What I don't understand is that people who is not doing that also want them - unless they are very weak or very lazy....:msp_biggrin:

In my experience anything over 20" the dogs help when bucking.

I'm thinking about a set like these for the 550xp. Plus the chicks like a big spike! :hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Last edited:

It's the D.C.O., Dull Chain Override, also part of the being lazy:msp_thumbup:

Will, I was just checking to see if you had put this saw in wood yet or could give me your opinion on the saw after using it?

Latest posts

Back