NEW Stihl 08S in the Box

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes you wonder how many old killer saws like 08's, 090's, 076's, Mac 125's and etc., are somewhere sitting in the world, brand new in a box hidden away. ;)

Or Echo CS-60S saws :hmm3grin2orange: Of course i am the only one who wonders about that ...Bob

I'll nominate this one for "Find of the Year" :D

Thats freakin awesome. You'll be the envy of Brad Snelling and many others. It's hard to believe you can still find a saw like that NIB.

Makes you wonder how many old killer saws like 08's, 090's, 076's, Mac 125's and etc., are somewhere sitting in the world, brand new in a box hidden away. ;)

Yep this is why I bought it. That and the 08S had a bunch of attachments that you could put on them. They were quite the saw in there day and different than the rest of the Stihl line up. There are more out there I am sure, but where they are exactly only time will tell. :wink2:

Or Echo CS-60S saws :hmm3grin2orange: Of course i am the only one who wonders about that ...Bob

I like just about any old saws though I only collect Stihl and Clintons. Stihl because my Grandpa got me started with his old 040, and Clinton because they were made near my farm in Michigan.
Those old ones were a mans' saw, not like some of the ones they build now. :yourock:

Sweet saw. Did you get that from Craigs when you are down here in Virginny or back home?

I found it down in Virginy..... Just happened on it. Most of the saws I happen on need to be rebuilt, but this one is new inside and out. Never been fired up.... no gas or oil in it ever. You can see from the photos that is came with the original tools, manuals, brochures, warrenty card, bar scabard (which I thought was not correct until I looked in the manual) :hmm3grin2orange:

Nice find. Looks like it has the stone cutter power head style muffler on it.

Was Tommy trying to make his point again which brand is still number 1 :hmm3grin2orange:

They had a concrete saw attachment for it.

No we are going to get a friend of ours from Stihl going that collects 08S and this one would be a dream to have.

The price tag in the box was $225.00 originally. It had a sticker on it of $175.00. That was alot of money in 1979 for a saw. :big_smile:

Nice saw! You need a bar that looks like this:

P41907770.jpg

Al.

WOW thats a nice saw too. Yes I am looking for a bar like that. You :rock:

I have this NOS bar but it is not a perfect. The 08 uses a large mount. same as 051 075, 076, 070,090

DSCN0772.jpg

Hanging on a gear drive.

titantwinrun011.jpg

titantwinrun010.jpg

How do you get the photos in the reply.

Nice SAW by the way.

If you have an extra bar, shoot me a price with shipping to 20175.

Bought a Stihl 08S brand new in the box with all the original manuals, bar cover and tools.

Congrats on the 08!!!!! Very Nice.

The pic of the left hand side of the saw shows the choke slider missing. Do you have one?

Yep this is why I bought it. That and the 08S had a bunch of attachments that you could put on them. They were quite the saw in there day and different than the rest of the Stihl line up. There are more out there I am sure, but where they are exactly only time will tell. :wink2:

Except they really were outdated about as soon as they hit the market, way too heavy for the power.

Sort of cool though!

Last edited:
Except they really were outdated about as soon as they hit the market, way too heavy for the power.

Sort of cool though!

But they did have a twenty something year run though. ;)

Dont think Stihl knew in the begining it was going to power so many aplications in it's lifetime.

Cutoff saw, chainsaw, weed whacker-brush cutter, power drill, post hole auger, water pump. Probaly a few more.

08page83.jpg

74stihl.jpg

fs41083.jpg

08drill001.jpg

08drill003.jpg

08drill002.jpg

Just for the heck of it, put it up on Ebay, starting bid $2999.00. and see what happens.

You might just get it.

Sort of cool though!

I agree with sawbones : that's a bold statement there Niko.

There are not many models that had such a success as the 08S. There must be zillions of them made, and many survived 30 years of service.

Pretty heavy for sure, but as a reliable workhorse as you can get.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back