NEW!!! Stihl LIthium-Ion Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True true. Li-ion is nothing like Li-Polymer.......which don't hold charge well. Not that I have LiPo's in my MagLite, but Li put my brain immediately into RC car mode......which is one industry anxiously awaiting Li-ion technology. I think the issue still is current draw. Not sure if technology has caught up yet, but Li-ion could never supply the high amps needed for RC brushless motors a few years ago. I would imagine there is a pretty significant C draw with this saw motor, so maybe the tech has indeed caught up.

I hear you on the RC cars, thats where my brushless comment came from earlier. I am sure, like you said, the squints have figured out how to utilize lith-ion in a higher current application.

I haven't looked into the technology, but lets say you have a solar panel mounted on a pack that you wear. Keep your new lith-ion saw topped up as you work, as long as its sunny enough.

I haven't looked into the technology, but lets say you have a solar panel mounted on a pack that you wear. Keep your new lith-ion saw topped up as you work, as long as its sunny enough.

Now that would be pretty sweet. I did see a backpack-mounted solar panel on TV once. I hiker was using it to recharge his emergency radio and GPS while walking during the day. I think he was in the woods for a couple weeks, so that's a good idea to do. Don't remember what show or channel it was on. Probably Discovery.

I think this was it: http://www.voltaicsystems.com/offgrid.shtml

Last edited:
maybe the Chinese will invent a radio control saw that runs on rice, with satellite navigation? It'll cut a load - it'll pack the trailer, and finally digs a hole before the battery dies and retires itself to Landfill ....:msp_w00t:

maybe the Chinese will invent a radio control saw that runs on rice, with satellite navigation? It'll cut a load - it'll pack the trailer, and finally digs a hole before the battery dies and retires itself to Landfill ....:msp_w00t:

:clap::msp_lol:

Latest posts

Back