NEW!!! Stihl LIthium-Ion Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jropo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just found this on my FB page.
Looks like some one is tring to play catch up!

?[video=youtube_share;40LUZOX63iI]http://youtu.be/40LUZOX63iI[/video]

Needs modded!
Heavier windings
Larger brushes
Then she will rock!!!!!

They have one at my Stihl dealer.

I suppose it has its purpose.

It is neat and looks well made.

I will pass for now.

needs a built in speaker! we can have sound effects of a real saw :clap::clap: ....maybe solar power too? guess all the methheads will be buying chainsaws for the lithium batterys now :hmm3grin2orange:

The saw is 299.95 then you gotta get the charger and battery seperately. I like the BGA 85 blower but battery is only about 20 mins with the ap160 battery.

Blood, your building built yet?

modding electrical motors

torque is proportional to voltage squared

double the voltage and you get four times the torque

All you need to do is keep the windings cool...............not so easy

wonder if its got flippy cap for bar oil ? ...the flippy would look right at home on that little buzz box :hmm3grin2orange:

wonder if its got flippy cap for bar oil ? ...the flippy would look right at home on that little buzz box :hmm3grin2orange:

Flippin' Flippy cap's.

Lets not go there though, been there done that!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

I just like the fact that the Oregon Power Now has not even being out for a year and now S**** has to try to play catch up and make their $800 one!!!

It looks really slow. I'm sure it'll get better when the next model comes out. It would probably be ok for some homeowners, or as a climbing saw.

Not a climbing saw with anymore capability than a hand saw. If you tried to use it on bigger stuff it would not keep up in the cut and be ultimately unsafe. Talking strictly from a climbing/cutting stand point here.

Latest posts

Back