New Super Split HD Owner!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guns...my last reply got a little skewed, hittin wrong buttons at the wrong time. Price you pay for having to hold an iPhone about two feet from ya to do anything, lol. Finishing up on what we were talking about Corps-wise. Glasses maybe??

1371 Combat Engineer I am the real deal lol was there did it, weeds out fakes if they know! Picked my time to go to bootcamp to be in kilo company. I work on and fix tings for a living. In my honest opinion if used within reason, you picked the best of the best!

Been around a many a 1371, combat engineer. Good group of guys. If you decide on a splitter...SS all the way. J or HD model, unless you got some bruiser wood, the SE might be the choice. I think you'll find the J or HD at the most will handle anything...save the coins.

MOS school outhouse bay Camp Lejuene cmap Hansen Okinowa. For Those That Have Never Fought For It Freedom Has A Special Flavor The Protected WILL NEVER KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD COUNTRY AND CORPSE IN THAT ORDER SEMPER FI DO OR DIE SO FEW KNOW OE APPRECIATE THE MEANING

p.s the blood stripe and the fleur de lis you just gotta have been there to be in the know

I would think for just a safety measure would pony up for the hd, but it is your purchase to make checks and balances and weigh your options and make your choice:)

MOS school outhouse bay Camp Lejuene cmap Hansen Okinowa. For Those That Have Never Fought For It Freedom Has A Special Flavor The Protected WILL NEVER KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD COUNTRY AND CORPSE IN THAT ORDER SEMPER FI DO OR DIE SO FEW KNOW OE APPRECIATE THE MEANING

p.s the blood stripe and the fleur de lis you just gotta have been there to be in the know

I hear ya brother...let's keep the integrity of the SS thread going, don't wanna derail it for others. If you wanna crank up a separate discussion by all means, we'll chatter all day long on discussion side. Semper Fi. :)

I would think for just a safety measure would pony up for the hd, but it is your purchase to make checks and balances and weigh your options and make your choice:)

The money difference was not that much, fortunately I had it to spare (with two kids, a rare commodity), so I went the HD route. Had I gone the J route, I'm positive I would've been just as satisfied, from reading J owner posts, no doubt.

Will message you in the future, I think you made a great choice , buy the heaviest duty you can afford and never look back. Solid machine and not only a good sales from the owner, people are copying him for a reason . Just saying why. would any.one try to make a cheaper copy , if it didn't have a market!

Ran mine for a bit this morning. It was 2 degrees out so I figured the rack would stick. I gave it a good shot of wd 40 before it left the garage and worked by hand a few times.

After the first 5 splits it started going back on its own most of the time. However, it was slow to retact, and still needed help once in a while. That's something I'm going g to have to find a fix for. I do a lot of cold weather splitting.

I also adjusted the tire pressure to 20 psi to help with the vibrations. It seemed to help a little, but I'm not sure because I also ran it at 3/4 throttle vs full.

The extra height was a big help for me. My back felt a lot better. There was an added bonus too. The table was higher and fit over the top of the table on the tw6. It made it easier for 2 splitters to use the same conveyor.

Not to keep jacking this thread, but it seems like I should mention I'm also a Marine. Spent some time at 2nd Maintenance at Lejeune, and a year in Korea at MEC-P.

Ran mine for a bit this morning. It was 2 degrees out so I figured the rack would stick. I gave it a good shot of wd 40 before it left the garage and worked by hand a few times.

After the first 5 splits it started going back on its own most of the time. However, it was slow to retact, and still needed help once in a while. That's something I'm going g to have to find a fix for. I do a lot of cold weather splitting.

I also adjusted the tire pressure to 20 psi to help with the vibrations. It seemed to help a little, but I'm not sure because I also ran it at 3/4 throttle vs full.

The extra height was a big help for me. My back felt a lot better. There was an added bonus too. The table was higher and fit over the top of the table on the tw6. It made it easier for 2 splitters to use the same conveyor.

Not to keep jacking this thread, but it seems like I should mention I'm also a Marine. Spent some time at 2nd Maintenance at Lejeune, and a year in Korea at MEC-P.

Glad to hear the height increase worked out for your back. Nice that it accommodates your conveyor setup with the TW6 as well. Semper Fi.

Welcome, and congrats on the SS. I just got mine this summer and have already split about 15 cords on it. Love that thing.

Hey 'stache'... Thanks for the welcome aboard with the SS. I read a many of your input on the subject matter. Yours and others made for great reading and solidified my SS splitter purchase. Thx again.

Hey 'stache'... Thanks for the welcome aboard with the SS. I read a many of your input on the subject matter. Yours and others made for great reading and solidified my SS splitter purchase. Thx again.

Yeah?? Then why didn't you mention me in the original post? You gotta remember - moustaches take priority. That's the rule around here. :laugh:

Yeah?? Then why didn't you mention me in the original post? You gotta remember - moustaches take priority. That's the rule around here. :laugh:

I hear ya 'Stache.' My apologies...that's why I tried to cover all others with the 'thank you to all others who I didn't mention specifically'...man it was hard to keep up with all the SS names. I winged it from my memory, Lol.

To all,
Weather in mid-GA 65 degs now, beautiful day...got six half chickens and ten leg qtrs on the grill now. Wish I could have all you good folk here for some good eats. Sides are fried okra, fried squash and a big 'ol pot of green beans seasoned with ham hocks. Gonna be some swollen bellies here in the next few hours. I hope you all have a great day...great crew of folks to have conversation with via this forum.

I know I'm supposed to hit the unit with some automotive bearing grease. Does anyone have picks of how/where? The previous owner did it and I've run about three cords and I probably need to do it again. I have the SE model.

I know I'm supposed to hit the unit with some automotive bearing grease. Does anyone have picks of how/where? The previous owner did it and I've run about three cords and I probably need to do it again. I have the SE model.

I would think if referencing any type of grease, it would be on the rack teeth only and cycle the rack either by hand or under engine load, as to let it mesh with the flywheel pinion gear. Only other grease applications I think would be the greasable bearings for the pinion gear, accessible after removing the handle and cover. Just saw your post, don't know if I'm chiming in after the fact or not.

Ok. So I have to remove the handle too I guess. I thought I was supposed to hit the rack teeth and pinion gear every few cords or so with automotive grease. I was hoping I only had to remove the cover. I hit the rail will PB Blaster every time I use the machine before start up.

Ok. So I have to remove the handle too I guess. I thought I was supposed to hit the rack teeth and pinion gear every few cords or so with automotive grease. I was hoping I only had to remove the cover. I hit the rail will PB Blaster every time I use the machine before start up.

Have you greased the 'pillar block' grease zerks that are on the inside of each flywheel, removing the handle and cover? Give those zerks a few good squeezins of grease and run it to get it slung around. As far as liquid, hit the underneath rack bearings, the return spring bearing that rides the beam, and a few drops on top of the rack to help the rack engagement/cam bearings. I use either WD-40, most times Slick 50 Lube 1, or Pennzoil Z-4 spray lube... All the same when it comes down to it.

Latest posts

Back