new thermostat ,,,no heat ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tocold4u2

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i have the 4 wire thermstat hooked up with a relay and a aqustat . the aqustat probe is mounted inside the duct ,near the heat exchanger coil .
the aqustat is set at 120
if i leave my thermostat fan on (auto fan ) will this kick on when the heat reaches a certian temp from the heat exchanger ? or do i have to have the fan runing all the time ??? as of now the fan has not kicked on and i was wondering on how to test this , to see if everything is hooked up ok !!

ok i have now changed the setting on the aqustat , it is now set at 100 and 15 but i have not had the furnace fan kick on yet(the fan is on auto) shouldn`t this fan kick on and ran by now ??
thanks
alan:bang:

Alan ole buddy you have completely lost me here (and I am think'en maybe the others too since no replys)But your continued questions has me curious as to just what you are trying to do there?? It seems like you are making this whole deal way too complicated with relays aquastats etc that may not be needed, maybe something is missing in your basic understanding of the system or you just have not been able to get your points across to us? Just what are you trying to control with the aquastat mounted in the ductwork? What is the relay for? maybe you could just tell us how you wish your system to operate and that would help?

So you understand my confusion here is how my system works and all others I have been around, tell me (us) how yours differs and why you need the extra control and 4 wires thermostat?
The boiler has is own control that is mounted right on it. It's function is to keep the water between X and X temps. It does this independantly of the heating needs of my house. it will sit out here and keep itself hot even if hooked to nothing inthe house. Now that the outdoor boiler has the water temps under control it is pumped continuously to my home and shop. In my forced air furnace (like yours) I have mounted a heat exchanger and hot water circulates through it all of the time. My second thermostat, which is a simple digital wired in with two wires was installed as explained previously to power up "G" when the call for heat is there. When the temp in the house is below the setting of the thermostat that fan comes on and blows through the heat exchanger sending warm air to the duct work. When the set temp is reached the fan turns off, real compilcated eh? No need for 4 wires, no need for another aquast. My old thermostat and gas furance controls were not dinked with so for back up heat I simply set my has furnace a few degrees under the thermosat that controls the fan for the wood heat. To test the wiring before I fired up my boiler I simply placed the thermostat at a temp above the room temp, fan ran. Place it below the room temp, fan quits.

thermostat

butch i may have to use your ideal there ,,,that`s what i`m looking for , but i was trying to run both heat sorces with only 1 thermostat
:hmm3grin2orange:

2 wire thermostat

So I have a mobile home with a Coleman evcon presidential downdraft forced air furnace. The thermostat is wired in (not with any marked screws) with a wire nut to the red and white wires. I do not have a screw panel for thermostat on this furnace. I want to connect my outdoor wood boiler to this furnace so the furnace fan will blow the air through the installed coil till the home reaches the temperature set at the thermostat, without running through the furnace steps or using propane to light the burner. The simple question is, how can I make the furnace fan come on to heat my home when the thermostat calls for heat, then shut down when the heat is reached?

So I have a mobile home with a Coleman evcon presidential downdraft forced air furnace. The thermostat is wired in (not with any marked screws) with a wire nut to the red and white wires. I do not have a screw panel for thermostat on this furnace. I want to connect my outdoor wood boiler to this furnace so the furnace fan will blow the air through the installed coil till the home reaches the temperature set at the thermostat, without running through the furnace steps or using propane to light the burner. The simple question is, how can I make the furnace fan come on to heat my home when the thermostat calls for heat, then shut down when the heat is reached?

am am very familiar with your style of furnace. Trouble is, no real control board. Just wires hanging there, correct. You may be able to wire in a "fan control center". You get get them from Grainger, etc. I would run stand alone t-stat to (new) to fan control center. Then on fan center, when t-stat calls for heat, fan control center closes contacts, then closed contacts go on your furnace from red and green wires hanging there, should work!

Back