New to climbing and looking for some training

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iClimb9

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I live right outside of Philadelphia Pa and im looking for some tree climbing training. Whats the best way to find someone to help me. I need to learn all the techniques of rope and spur climbing. I have most gear needed and climbing saw. And I will pay for training. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

Well, you could get a job for an established company but with no experience you will likely start as a groundie and it will be some time before you get to climb. Since you say you are willing to pay I would suggest Arbor Master if you are willing to do a little traveling. Even with this training I would still suggest practical experience working for a company before trying this on your own.

I live right outside of Philadelphia Pa and im looking for some tree climbing training. Whats the best way to find someone to help me. I need to learn all the techniques of rope and spur climbing. I have most gear needed and climbing saw. And I will pay for training. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

Penn Del ISA just had there annual school like 2 weeks ago. That is what you needed. Check with ISA and TCIA to see what they offer. You may need to travel to get it

Penn Del ISA just had there annual school like 2 weeks ago. That is what you needed. Check with ISA and TCIA to see what they offer. You may need to travel to get it
Thank you both for responding. And do they have that training class just 1 time a year or a few?

Back