New to forum - MS290 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really think I read all of your ramblings?? Heck, life's too short...:popcorn: In any case, I was talking about a prior poster saying to bend it to make it right.

Last edited:
Get over it Peter.. Just because it's different to what you use doesn't make it bad. :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

It works perfectly... and I don't like to use anthing else, but when I do use a Husky, I adapt. Never could adapt to driving the old Sarb's though ;)

I use it quite much myself on the 026. I must say I prefer the distinct kill switch on the Husky (262) and the Johnny. The 353 is not that good, but still OK. I guess Sarb = Saab ? , I don't like'em either ;)

The old 026 your have is often a bit marginal on switch operation... The 440, 441 and above are different design entirely. You can of course update the 026 with a newer spring, control shaft etc... ;)

Gee, thanks a lot!

As far as the other problems with the saw. The one and only solution is buying a new saw. I recommend a 441.

I stopped by the shop for a new bar last night and looked at some other models. Of course the 441 practically jumped up and waved at me....

More power, a 30" bar, not much more weight. What's not to love?

I'll just say it for the record - you people are pure evil. I’m going to end up spending a bunch of cash on more saws and then I’ll have to use them to cut the wood to build the doghouse that I will then be living in.

I stopped by the shop for a new bar last night and looked at some other models. Of course the 441 practically jumped up and waved at me....

I'll just say it for the record - you people are pure evil. I’m going to end up spending a bunch of cash on more saws and then I’ll have to use them to cut the wood to build the doghouse that I will then be living in.

Dont worry, its part of initation rite, first we spend all your money and then we make you move into woods :jester:

And trust me, we're good at spending other ppl's money :biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

So that new bar was attached to a saw I take it???

As far as the control lever goes. I have only had one problem with it, I accidentally flipped the saw off in the cut when I moved my thumb. No big deal. The one on the 441 does seam kinda flimsy though.

Have they finally got rid of the *censored* start/stop/choke lever on the 441?

Hey Peter has Husky got those leaky oil pumps staightened out yet, I see RR has one leaking too, ewwwwwwwwwwwwww terrible, thats 2 out of the 4 they sold so far this year,:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OK - Update

Listen up,,,,,IT'S POPPING OUT BECAUSE YOUR JUST DOING IT WRONG,,,, if you try to MOVE THE CONTROL SWITCH ALL THE WAY TO CHOKE BEFORE YOU PUSH THE THROTTLE SAFETY RELEASE AND PULL THE TRIGGER IT WILL POP THE CONTROL LEVER OUT OF THAT C NOTCH AND THE GROUNDING CONTACT GETS POPPED OUT AND ON TOP OF THE LEVER,,, IT WILL DO IT EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!!! JUST LIKE YOU ARE DESCRIBING...

MOVE CONTOLL LEVER TO THE NEXT POSITION UP,,, IT LOOKS LIKE HALF CHOKED,, PULL TILL IT STARTS,,,,,,,

I hear what you are saying, but I'm doing it correctly. I realize that the lever can't be put into choke mode unless the throttle and safety are both depressed.

However, MY issue is AFTER I place the lever in full choke for a cold start, pull till it "coughs", and try to move the lever up to half choke. I should be able to move the lever up to half choke without touching the throttle or safety. On my saw, most of the time the lever gets caught at this point and I cannot move it up to half choke. I usually have to push "in" on the lever as I try to slide it up and force it into place. After I get the lever to half choke it fires just fine when I pull and I can easily "blip" the throttle to get it into regular run mode. I will take some photos - I think this is a major issue and you are right on one thing - it's gonna break eventually!

Hey Peter has Husky got those leaky oil pumps staightened out yet, I see RR has one leaking too, ewwwwwwwwwwwwww terrible, thats 2 out of the 4 they sold so far this year,:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe you need to go to a Husky Chainsaw saw class
or call Baileys and see what they are going to do about it.

No Hard feelings now. LOL you Know we can cheew the fat all day with no harm done, but if you got a problem with your saw see what can be done.

Lol

but if you got a problem with your saw see what can be done.

Point is he bought husky's best saw......You guys speak so highly of that 372 and look who got one.:)

Now before you go on blowing smoke, I know that Stihl saws have problems too:jester: not many though

Back