New to me, Dayton 2Z463

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"If you actually use that saw to cut wood, the air box, carb & crankcase will be full of dirt in no time".
My saws fill up with chips because the small bellows that seals the throttle linkage entering the air box is split or otherwise open to outside elements from material decomposition. A genuine replacement bellows seems impossible to get. Does anyone know of a solution or substitute part?
Is this the part you’re looking for?

I just looked & I have an extra one. It had a tiny tear where it goes in the housing but I put a little Seal All on it & it should be good. I will give it to you if you want it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2257011986...peVeDIOSG6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Is this the part you’re looking for?

I just looked & I have an extra one. It had a tiny tear where it goes in the housing but I put a little Seal All on it & it should be good. I will give it to you if you want it.
1705068501795.png

Thank you for the kind offer pastryguyhawaii but that is not the part. The one I am interested in is a tiny bellows that seals the throttle linkage as it enters the air box, part number 2597. The old ones become brittle and crack open from flexing. I have never seen one, used or new, for sale.

I noticed the newer saws use a short flexible cable instead of linkage. I wonder if an old Poulan can be retrofitted with one of those. Has anybody tried?

View attachment 1143634

Thank you for the kind offer pastryguyhawaii but that is not the part. The one I am interested in is a tiny bellows that seals the throttle linkage as it enters the air box, part number 2597. The old ones become brittle and crack open from flexing. I have never seen one, used or new, for sale.

I noticed the newer saws use a short flexible cable instead of linkage. I wonder if an old Poulan can be retrofitted with one of those. Has anybody tried?
Yes, that’s the part I have. It’s the one on the right in the eBay photo.

Hotshot sent me this link for a replacement boot that may fit the Poulan 245A.

Yes, the Stihl 660 #1122 182 0700 grommet is about the same size & fit well, it’s been 4-5 years but I’ll double check in my parts that it was for the 660. The ones I ordered were only 35 cents but are Chinesium from Farmertec Hutzl.

https://www.farmertec.com/GROMMENT-...MS650-CHAINSAW-OEM-1122-182-0700-p227745.html

Thank you Hotshot. I ordered 10 of them.

Latest posts

Back