new toy!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldoglover

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got my new ms 660 magnum this morning, and cut down a 48 inch silver maple a few hours later. All I can say is HOLY CRAP, I'm in love! So nice to have a saw with some nut. I'll try to resize some pic tomorrow for every one to enjoy.

The 880 is an awesome saw, I just don't think I would want to be wielding it everyday. Very few trees here would require the 880. The 660 sees to be about right for my area.

Anyone got a price on the 660 in your area. The one I priced a week or so back was just over a grand. Prolly around $1200 by the time you pay tax and everything.

whatever you do make sure you get the dual port muffler or mod it yourself. that saw needs to be able to breathe if you want it to cut like a 1000$ should.

great saw btw, i love mine for sure.

i ended up paying 1050 with the DPmuff.

Yea that is about what I paid for mine as well. And yeah definitly upgrade to a dual port muffler once you have the saw broken in and even throw on an oversided clutch cover. Also don't forget to richen the full mix up slightly afterwards. If u love it stock it will blow your mind then.

880 Air Filters

My 660 is a debris magnet. Every tank of gas the air filter is packed with material, so much so that it won't start. It is sort of a nuisance and I wonder about the longevity of the motor. Are the 880's as bad or worse?

Nice Saw! I want one myself, maybe by the end of next month.
Best price I have in my area is $1035.00 with 36" b/c.
Have fun with it.
:cheers:

My 660 is a debris magnet. Every tank of gas the air filter is packed with material, so much so that it won't start. It is sort of a nuisance and I wonder about the longevity of the motor. Are the 880's as bad or worse?

So much that it won't start? Come on man, you should clean it.

Last edited:
Is there a place to get a pre built muffler?

Bailey's carries them and are a site sponsor. If looking for something more custom check down in the chain saw section to find someone to port one out for you if don't know how or are unable to yourself.

And yea you need to clean your air filter more often or replace it. Been using the same one since I bought the saw 2 years ago and clean it once a week to two weeks and never have a problem with it. And I do use it almost every day somedays for a few hours of constant cutting.

Got my new ms 660 magnum this morning, and cut down a 48 inch silver maple a few hours later. All I can say is HOLY CRAP, I'm in love! So nice to have a saw with some nut. I'll try to resize some pic tomorrow for every one to enjoy.

That is awesome. I must have one of those.

Nice Saw! I want one myself, maybe by the end of next month.
Best price I have in my area is $1035.00 with 36" b/c.
Have fun with it.
:cheers:

Too big of a bar for day to day use. If you want to get it out of the shed more often start with a smaller bar and then add the big one later.

Back