New tree show on TLC tonight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Through emails today I've heard rumors, nothing confirmed yet...

OSHA has been notified through proper procedures about his work.
ISA has a response to TLC and on their website.
Many people have written to Discovery channel...which has the potential of being used by marketing as a double negative. It is drawing interest which isn't measured in good or bad.

And Mom did some research and found this:

http://www.dolanmedia.com/view.cfm?recID=449906

--------------------
Tom

Confirms my suspicions. Going global! Any warnings to my friends will just be hype! This could start a copy cat revolution. Seriously!

I watched the 2 episodes last night.

What a bunch of morons. They make the rest of us that know what we're doing look like gods.

Yes.

I stumbled across it clicking channels and sat there stunned for a while, then I was like WTF?......

I don't like how he bragged about being so cool under pressure when the crane was ready to flip over backward. I hope he tells his customers to leave the area when he rolls up to take a tree down. How many of you guys have customers tell you about watching ax-men, then say those guys are crazy. Wonder what we'll be hearing for the next month about that saw 4 hire guy.

Word. This summer my brother and I were side by side taking down some big Silver Maple leads over a garage when this neighbor comes out and says, "you guys are like the Axemen". I yelled down "they weren't that good for the record." Guy didn't know what to think.

EXACTLY!!!

this could very well put twice as many yahoos with chainsaws in trees than we allready have out there

YUP! and there's already plenty where I live, some people will cut an 80ft Pine down for $250.(seriously!) Thank god there are customers that can see this is not good. If there weren't I'd have no removal work whatsoever.

“It’s still got the Nosak raw flare,” Nosak said of the repackaged show. “It still has the Nosak personality. I’m a very unique individual, to say the least, so when you add in my personality and you add in the conflict resolution that we have in every episode, I believe we’ll have viewers sitting on their edge of the seats.”

What a flaming ahole. Does he even know how to spell "modest"?

Another couple of questions I had while sitting through a couple online episodes;

why does he use a dump trailer with a SLEEPER cab with 400 gallon capacity fuel tanks? Does he haul cross country to get rid of his stuff?

why does the entire warehouse of equipment have to show to each job?

What does he pay these guys or even what does he charge people to remove these trees? I see some 6-8 guys on the job, all kinds of equipment and trailers and two days to remove one tree? Wheres the profit?

I won't watch the show. I could barely sit through three full episodes and glimpsed at a couple of others online and just couldn't take his BS anymore.

Through emails today I've heard rumors, nothing confirmed yet...

OSHA has been notified through proper procedures about his work.
ISA has a response to TLC and on their website.
Many people have written to Discovery channel...which has the potential of being used by marketing as a double negative. It is drawing interest which isn't measured in good or bad.

And Mom did some research and found this:

http://www.dolanmedia.com/view.cfm?recID=449906

WTF I thought I left the Tree police site. Hey do you run to mommy when someone runs a bash add on crag's list also. Anyways go hold hands with the other police and have your celibration dance,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nn6l4PPOYQ&feature=related . I can't belive the way this feild is truning into a bunch of winniers. This guy will open doors for alot of us to show home owners just how tree work should be done. We can play off this whack and stack guy to incress prices.

Didnt read all the post but those vids.....WOW WOW WOW. It looks like all the trolls on the site got together and started a biz.

Nosak Raw

I just seen an "urgent post" on the ISA website. The ISA says Nosak Raw will be showing on Discovery Channel soon. They r asking all professional arborists to protest this programming. Please all of U, email Discovery channel: "Nosak Raw" does not display the education, skill, or even the proper tools to be considered appropriate for educational programming.

I just seen an "urgent post" on the ISA website. The ISA says Nosak Raw will be showing on Discovery Channel soon. They r asking all professional arborists to protest this programming. Please all of U, email Discovery channel: "Nosak Raw" does not display the education, skill, or even the proper tools to be considered appropriate for educational programming.
O.M.F.G!!:jawdrop: :taped:...........................................im not a bit surprised.:laugh:

Last edited:
but it's not an educational program, they tell you DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME............

I watched a few episodes and Nosak makes a decent show. He makes it as exciting as possible with all the wheelies (Bobcats and crane), dropping a tree on a car, and shockloading the piss out of the crane.

That said the show would be twice as good if things were done efficiently by competent people. One thing is obvious, the guy has money.

I don't care either way, it's not my show and he can do what he wants.

Latest posts

Back