New tree show on TLC tonight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even better when you have a winch on the chipper. I love the 1 stem cuts where you can winch the whole tree into the chipper as you lower it with the crane. :rock: :rock:

Now you're talking. The one cut picks straight to the chipper is so smooth and fun. I feel dirty when we do them, feels to easy.......but I am quickly reminded to appreciate it humping huge hickory logs up stairs.:chainsaw:

What is up with this show. All the exellent PR that the Industry has done to show the public through safety and professional work ethic is being damaged with this clown. I am surprised he has not gotten anybody hurt with his dumb ass yelling attitude. As a supervisor of a cutting crew for 15 yrs it is not the smartest thing to put a cutter under a bunch of stress by yelling and getting him all wound up emotionally when doing a dangerous job like we do. This guy has to be one of the worst attempts at running a business. What a waste of such fine equipment. One more before I write to TLC. He cuts down a customers tree that she did not want cut down after all and he has the audacity to tell the camera that the job went flawless. This bus is totally out of control. Stay on this guy and don't let him ruin the professional industry that you guys are part of. I'm still in awe or better yet shock at what these reality shows are doing to some of the traditionally hardest working jobs in the world, all for some f$%^ing ratings.:confused:

And furthermore he has a Bluetooth headset. C'mon, only the most arrogant big city office pricks have those damn things! Every time I see someone with one of those I want to yank it out of their ear and smash it in front of them, useless technology! When you're running cranes, chippers, saws, etc you should NOT be distracted by phone calls, its not like being a cubicle rat.

Anyone else think he is a complete moron on the skidsteer?

" Oh, I'm saving wear on the front tires" Nice work Capt. Dumbass. God.

And furthermore he has a Bluetooth headset. C'mon, only the most arrogant big city office pricks have those damn things! Every time I see someone with one of those I want to yank it out of their ear and smash it in front of them, useless technology! When you're running cranes, chippers, saws, etc you should NOT be distracted by phone calls, its not like being a cubicle rat.

Anyone else think he is a complete moron on the skidsteer?

" Oh, I'm saving wear on the front tires" Nice work Capt. Dumbass. God.

:agree2: :agree2: :agree2: :agree2:

good info mr. chevytaHO man! hey take some photos of the ice sculptures at tech and post em in the picture or non topic forum when they get done with them in Feb.

I will take as many pictures as my camera will hold. Hopefully its a good year.

Too bad he's so dangerous

I may actually be starting to like this guy. He's just another freak really - at least he's funny to look at/laugh at.

I liked the chipper "fire" and the maniacal bobcat operation, quite entertaining, lol.

these idiots

i dont do any removal in a residential area...all my stuff is dropped safely without heavy equipment. With that said these guys are gonna end up dead or seriously injured. My girlfriend watched the show last night and ended up saying WTF!!!! about a dozen times and she knows nothing about running equipment or dropping a tree safely. These clowns are gonna inspire some homeowner to go out and "play" with a saw cause it looks cool and easy to do.

im glad ta see romeosgrl on a/s. i hope the rest of the nosack crew joins in:) imo the show is whacked but im still looking forward ta watching it. i think most of that crap is staged for drama and ratings cause there is no way in hell the nosack company would still be in biz. nosack said the mistletoe strangled the tap root and claims ta be an extremely skilled pro:dizzy: how many times is he gonna hit the roof in one show:jawdrop:

I watched em both last night and will prob watch em next week. I would call this a sit/com. Only cool guy out there is the climber. Got a lot of balls. Was tied in to the tri stem split takedown. Maybe stupid to do but how many people would watch if they were all bucket/crane td's? Roofs, windows etc. broke...."The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight". Very entertaining. You're all watching.

They are obviously just tree garbagemen and not the finesse pruning, esoteric treatments types but how the hell did they get all that neat stuff. Did the show rent it and put his name on the booms, etc.?

I was hopeing the big hod that had him by the jacket would deck him. But alas he didnt.

I was hopeing the big hod that had him by the jacket would deck him. But alas he didnt.

The worst part was when Nose#### said he wasn't gonna make payroll. Chances would increase if I was on that crew and that happened LOL. I once decked (and knocked out) the state (not saying what state) foreman for Bartlett. Man did that feel good. Didn't even get fired....bet he wouldn't either bcs of the show.

Last edited:
Just watched the Saw for Hire on his web site

What a joke, if this guy doesn't't end up killing someone or dumping his crane on its side it will be short of a miracle. The 2 episode's on his web site showed him taking down a large oak that should have taken 1 1/2-2 days rather than the 3. Second he needs to lose the cell phone and keep his butt on the crane and controls and he might get something done. A little less talk and a little more work. They also need to learn the physics behind what they are doing and learn some rigging that is less complicated and safer. :popcorn: just my 2 cents

The longer this show goes on, I think more non-tree types will realize this guy is dumber than a duck's dork.

:buttkick:

TCIA and ISA call on TLC Network to Pull “Saw for Hire” Program Off the Air

January 23, 2009

Mr. David M. Zaslav
President and CEO
Discovery Communications
One Discovery Place Silver Spring, MD 20910

Dear Mr. Zaslav:

I would like to call your attention to a dangerous and unprofessional depiction of commercial tree care operations in the TLC program “Saw for Hire.”

Tree care is one of the five most hazardous professions in the country, according to independent research. Fatalities are all too common, and serious injuries occur daily. To advance safety, respected arborists are hard at work with associations, professional societies, certification organizations and government at all levels to reduce the accident and fatality rates among workers in the trees. Your program undermines all of those efforts, and it defames thousands of professional arborists in the U.S. who will not compromise their ethics, their integrity and the very safety of themselves and their co-workers for the sake of sensationalism.

Commercial arboriculture is subject to a variety of Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards. Judging from your program and the footage available at http://nosakraw.com, the arborists at Nosak Tree Service are either unaware of, or choose to ignore, these safety requirements.

The Tree Care Industry Association represents approximately 2,000 businesses engaged in commercial tree care in the United States. Since 1938, the association has worked to promote and uphold the highest standards of safe and professional conduct, including creating a Certified Treecare Safety Professional program and accrediting tree care companies so consumers know how to hire qualified companies.

In addition, the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) represents over 30,000 professional and Certified Arborists around the world. Founded in 1924, ISA promotes the professional practice of arboriculture including administering the Certified Arborist credential program. Through its position as the Secretariat of the ANSI Accredited Standards Committee Z-133 Safety Standards for Arboricultural Practices, ISA also works to promote high safety standards within the industry.

Our organizations are concerned that “Saw for Hire” glorifies unsafe and otherwise unprofessional conduct that, if used as an example in the field, quite simply puts lives at risk – both arborists and the consumers who hire them. The violations are numerous and egregious. They are not simply small, technical violations of industry safety practices but life-threatening acts that repeatedly and consistently show a lack of knowledge of the basics of safe tree care operations.

Discovery Communications claims it is committed to managing its business activities in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and to ensuring honest and ethical behavior by its directors, officers, employees and contingent workers. “Saw for Hire” is a constant, ongoing violation of state, federal and industry professional standards and safety practices. In broadcasting this program, your network is complicit in the promotion of the unprofessional and unsafe practices of this company – practices that lead to injuries and fatalities in the tree care industry on a weekly basis.

Discovery Communications cannot be expected to know all of the safety regulations and best practices requirements that govern commercial arboriculture. Now that you have been made aware of the critically dangerous nature of the broadcast by your network, however, we ask that this program be taken off the air immediately for the benefit of consumers and arborists.

The tree care industry is ranked among the most dangerous professions in the United States. Employees in the tree care industry are often exposed to extreme hazards that must be met with an equally extreme commitment to safety. There are thousands of professional, safe and legally compliant tree care companies in the United States that could provide safe and professional examples of commercial arboriculture. It is in the spirit of cooperation, not confrontation, that we ask for your timely response.

Respectfully,

Cynthia Mills, CAE, CMC Jim Skiera, CAE
President & CEO Executive Director
Tree Care Industry Association International Society of Arboriculture

Nice work rb, thanks for that.

Now, will you admit to laughing yer a$$ off to some of that show...come on now?? Honestly, other than the safety violations (which are bad - and I do think the show should go probably) there is some seriously (no pun intended) funny content in there from a treeguy perspective..ya have to admit.

It's a shame really would of made for an enter show atleast. Just waiting till next week to see what else will happen. O'well the tree ballarians have spoken. Would kind of like TLC to go around and film some of the complainers, do a history check see how many have had problems of their own while working. Think I read of about 10 certed getting hurt, couple even to the point of not coming back.

Latest posts

Back