Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the site! Maybe it's time for you to buy an older poulan to play with and enjoy. I cut 5 cords of wood a year and use nothing but Poulans made from the late 70's to mid 90's. They are easy to work on and most parts are still available if you look around.
Yes, I would like to get another old Poulan, I know the new ones aren't as good anymore, but the old ones I like.
Years ago, I didn't use to work on my own chainsaws, so I took them to the local repair shop. I had few old Poulans I had picked up at good deal, on a local auction at that time, they weren't running so I took them to him. He called me up a few days after I had taken it in and said that the parts were obsolete and mostly unavailable. So, I told him he could keep them, I took off some of the good parts, chain, spark plug, bar etc. I still have these parts, except for the bar, which I gave to a friend. Anyway, about a year later when I started working on my own I found out how easily available the parts were, and how much the older Poulans were valued by woodcutters, I'm not sure what happened to my Poulans, but I whis I still had them.

Latest posts

Back