No more Amick's as an AS sponor?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urbicide

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just noticed today that Amick's is no longer an AS sponsor. I went to put up a link for a TinyTach2 or a member and came to the realization that the Amick's link itself was gone. I guess that they were not generating the revenue that they were expecting. The Dolmar fiasco played a part in that. I want to thank Tony for his sponsorship here and hope that Amick's can successfully weather the economic downturn we are currently in.

Vince

Last edited:
Does AS charge a fee to be a sponsor? If not, cannot imagine why they would pull out unless they are closing their doors. Hope not.

What Dolmar fiasco played a part in it?

In a nut shell, Amick's was hoping to be able to mail order Dolmar saws. Dolmar's biggest problem seems to be a lack of a good dealership network. Therefore, Amick's was hoping to reach prospective buyers in areas without a dealer presence. It was kind of a gray area when another dealer here filed a complaint with Dolmar. Dolmar threatened to pull the account, and that ended that.

In a nut shell, Amick's was hoping to be able to mail order Dolmar saws. Dolmar's biggest problem seems to be a lack of a good dealership network. Therefore, Amick's was hoping to reach prospective buyers in areas without a dealer presence. It was kind of a gray area when another dealer here filed a complaint with Dolmar. Dolmar threatened to pull the account, and that ended that.

He also got the short end on Husky cracking back on internet sales. Good guy and a good sponsor, he will be missed and I wish him the best.

I would also like to say thank you for the time he did sponsor.

Well.. The only reason I know about them is through AS. I have ordered stuff from the because of the AS sponsorship. But I can understand when times get tough, and not enough revenue comes in from sponsor links. I will always keep them in mind though.

Hope the will be back as a sponsor soon.

It's too bad; I've bought a lot of stuff from Amicks and have always been pleased. I imagine they aren't going out of business though.

economy will be back up and running 01-21-09

It is 11:18PM 1-20-09 here so I will check back in 42 minutes when the world is a better place and all my freinds are back to work since you say the economy will be better.

CANT WAIT:givebeer:

Bill

Looking on Amick's site they still list Dolmar saws. Sad to hear that they were 'turned in' by another Dolmar dealer. Typical though. Dolmar has such a shyty dealer network in many places, they are doomed to failure (again) in the US. Good saws, but crap distributors (at least here in the west) and a joke for parts and dealer support in the PNW.

Amicks is a good palce to do business with though. I wish them the best. Hell, I wish us all the best after today's inaguration. *sigh* The future is just not as bright as it used to be.

Latest posts

Back