No more Amick's as an AS sponor?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
Masdens, eh? :monkey:

Hmmm, with an Oregon license I can buy in WA tax-free. :clap:

I stand by the Stihl set prices here in Oregon. I have called and called and called. The 361 is the same price, pretty much wherever you go (as were the 440s that I bought new). Logger in calks, or homie in a suit. Same price from Coos Bay to Pendleton.

Of course, that is far better than my calling the Dolmar dealers. Most Stihl dealers here carry a very large inventory of saws.

Last edited:
Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
There are no "SET" prices.... Calling is the problem. You (and the other 10 guys a day that try the same thing) call me, you'll get "MSRP". Come in.. show me your money.. we, like most dealers, will talk...

If "I'm" the problem.. call JacobJ.. ;)

Last edited:
Jacob J.
There are no "SET" prices.... Calling is the problem. You (and the other 10 guys a day that try the same thing) call me, you'll get "MSRP". Come in.. show me your money.. we, like most dealers, will talk...

Andy- if you end up being the problem, I guarantee I'll be a bigger problem. :clap:

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie

Kind'a hard to drive all around the state (Oregon is a large sate) looking for Stihl dealers that will bargain on prices. I do drive around the Willamette Valley and out to the coast a lot. I personally walked into the Stihl dealers and looked for the 361 and 440s and priced them at lets see... Coos Bay, Eugene, Drain, Cottage Grove, Portland, Hillsboro, Springfield, Beaverton, Forest Grove, Tigard, and er... I guess that was all of them. I have also been to the ones in Roseburg and Mertyl Creek. Pretty much the same dang price at all of them. Call it a set price, or list price, or MSRP, or whatever. The old spiffy place in Hillsboro that is no longer there gave me a copy of the PNW price list. I get my chains from Cottage Grove, as they have RM there and a great selection of parts. Roy-Boys gave me crap the last time I tried to order some part there, so I told them to eat crow and I go out to the new Stihl/Deere dealer in Hillsboro for parts now. They have really good prices there on Stihl files. I bought the last of the Oregon 440s from a cache I found in Eugene. That store has more Stihl parts than any other Stihl place I have been to.

Anyway, that's my perspective. I pay cash, or with CC if they would not deal, and all the Stihl saws that I bought new were with a CC.

Last edited: