No more internet sales!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is true about Bailey's then I would deduce that they will continue to sell saws for whatever they want to???

Only time will tell I guess, supposedly the mail order catalogs have an extended period until they have to meet Husky's minimum advertised price scheme...

unfortunately us Husky dealers are treated like mushrooms most of the time by the almighty company...

just have to know..."bwalker" what are those three girls in your pic supposed to be doing?

If it is true about Bailey's then I would deduce that they will continue to sell saws for whatever they want to???

Only time will tell I guess, supposedly the mail order catalogs have an extended period until they have to meet Husky's minimum advertised price scheme...

unfortunately us Husky dealers are treated like mushrooms most of the time by the almighty company...

just have to know..."bwalker" what are those three girls in your pic supposed to be doing?

Federal law mandates that they can sell the saw for whatever price they want. However, Husky is free to set a Minimum Advertised Price, below which they won't pay advertising support, and they are free not to renew their dealer agreement upon expiration, usually annually.

You have to ask about the girls? Is there anything they are doing beyond looking good?

Mark

i'm not at liberty to talk details but the date for catalog sales is later than the online date.

No more internet sales?? I took the bait and the result was waiting for me this evening. (My first attempt at posting pics.)

i'm not at liberty to talk details but the date for catalog sales is later than the online date.
FWIW Baileys does both.
If it does shake out the way I think what will happen is that husky will have pulled the rug out form under most of the online sales outfits Except Baileys. They have to be licking their chops.

So what the heck does it accomplish by telling everyone they can't sell via Internet / mail order if Bailey's is the big exception to the rule?

Sounds to me like Bailey's get a special monopoly on these type of sales.

I don't get it.

Of course, I don't understand most of Husky's reasoning... :chainsaw:

So what the heck does it accomplish by telling everyone they can't sell via Internet / mail order if Bailey's is the big exception to the rule?

Sounds to me like Bailey's get a special monopoly on these type of sales.
Thats my thoughts.
FWIW its not just Baileys thats exempt. Its anyone using the same distributor as Baileys.

Thats my thoughts.
FWIW its not just Baileys thats exempt. Its anyone using the same distributor as Baileys.

Yeah, I think that's how it's going to work for the most part. Bailey's and other dealers who are set up with that distributor are the only ones who don't buy from husqvarna usa. Everyone else who is a dealer can only buy direct from husky usa. Unfortunately, it appears that we pay more for our saws than baileys and other dealers who have get their husky from that distributor. i have been told one odd thing though....supposedly even Bailey's will not be allowed to sell the 338XPC to people that reside outside of California.(maybe it has to do with husky not selling us any of the repair parts that are specific to the XPC) I've tried to order a few parts when we had one in the shop and it tells me "part not available from your warehouse" every time. Go figure...

Latest posts

Back