Nor Cal GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Golden Gate, toll going south and no one to take money, they mail a bill from the license plate you have 30 days to pay without a penalty. The fastpass-es aren't transferable from on vehicle to another. Just drive on across, they will send you a bill.

so it's been confirmed that me and aaron are gonna be planning this one bruce is too busy with personal things
at this point we are trying to find a tractor to move some logs to the cutting area..
i'm sorry if i screw things up a bit:pumpkin:
we'll try to keep you guys informed as much as possible

so it's been confirmed that me and aaron are gonna be planning this one bruce is too busy with personal things
at this point we are trying to find a tractor to move some logs to the cutting area..
i'm sorry if i screw things up a bit:pumpkin:
we'll try to keep you guys informed as much as possible

Yep that's the scoop. We're having a planning meeting with Sandy, Bruce, and Rob (and probably Tyler) on Sunday afternoon. Will have answers for folks after that. Anyone that's interested in attending the GTG PLEASE email or PM Dave (Ckelp) or myself ASAP. Please include your email address (for future updates), as access here on AS is iffy at best due to the hacker crapola. We'll check our PM's when we can. If you have Gologit Bob's email address (and don't have Dave's or mine) then please email Bob so he can pass your email address on to me.

This is the first time I've gotten on AS in days. Had to disable the Scripting/Auto-scripting thing in Internet Explorer. I usually don't even use IE, but going here with google chrome just sends me to that redirect/virus site. BTW................I strongly suggest you folks do some virus/malware scans. I cleaned 8 bugs out after trying to log on with chrome yesterday....

Right now we're focussing on getting a tractor loan so we can move logs and set them up for the cookie cuttin'. We don't have the facilities or time to mill cants for 'serious racing. Sorry folks. That's in the works for next year. The yearly hazard tree assessment will be completed in October, so we'll have that to work on. Those of you that want to sign up (or have already signed up) as park volunteers will most likely be able to participate in a work party, taking care of some stuff on the hazard tree list (if you chose to).

Please bear with us folks....

If you folks want to do any group meals, that one of you is going to have to coordinate it with the other interested parties. I know we have some guys that are real experts at the outdoor group food thing (won't mention names, as it's up to them if they want to speak up). We're just too busy herding the rest of the cats (and dealing with work/family/etc) to take care of that one too. Sorry. There is a large group cooking/eating area that we can reserve for the group. We'll see about getting one of the local food joints interested in coming out during the day Saturday (probably the BBQ place along the Hwy).

Last edited:
Thanks Aaron. I'll be able to come over a week early and get some cutting done or whatever else I can help with. Sandy said last year that camp sites for volunteers will be comped...that's a good deal.

If anybody wants my phone number or email they can PM me here and I'll send it out.

The Golden Gate, toll going south and no one to take money, they mail a bill from the license plate you have 30 days to pay without a penalty. The fastpass-es aren't transferable from on vehicle to another. Just drive on across, they will send you a bill.

The Golden gate only takes tolls while going North, at least all the years I have been using it.

Jerry they collect tolls only in the south bound direction (heading into SF). I've been commuting across the GGB 5 days a week for 16 years.

and the north bound is hammed because of the merge(s) five lanes going down to two with tour buses going slow and tourist thinking they have to pay and paying more attention to the bridge and not the road. then they wounder why theres a bunch of work trucks hammer down after the bridge.. i'd have to admit i've done about 80MPH up the hill to the waldo tunnel after doing 20mph across the bridge..
just venting

and the north bound is hammed because of the merge(s) five lanes going down to two with tour buses going slow and tourist thinking they have to pay and paying more attention to the bridge and not the road. then they wounder why theres a bunch of work trucks hammer down after the bridge.. i'd have to admit i've done about 80MPH up the hill to the waldo tunnel after doing 20mph across the bridge..
just venting

Good morning. I see we're still hacked. Dave, if you need my home phone or my email Aaron has them. And quit running over the tourists! LOL

Last edited:
Dave and Aaron I will send both of you an e-mail. Cody and I can come up before Friday if needed to help Gologit or any others just let me know. For the rest of you if needed my e-mail is [email protected]. My cell is (831)212.1753

Noted and thanks. I need all the help I can get.

Back