Now taking pre-orders on 044,046,066 full wraps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
Reaction score
Howdy y'all,

Well, the test handles have been sent out for quite a while, and everything seems to be holding up nicely.

One handle has been tested, as the other one was sent to JJ, and he got called away to fires before he could use it.

The 'other' Jason (Bushweasel) has the other handle, and used it for commercial timber falling. Last I spoke to him, the handle had about 40 hours on it (more by now I would assume), and everything was good to go structurally. That particular bar was coated twice (to get a missed spot by the spray guy), and it seems part of the second coat is flaking off.

Jason hasn't made me aware of the coating coming off of the aluminum bar itself, so we're assuming it was an adhesion problem with the second coat. The future bars will only be one coated, and not two. . . The two thing was strictly on this test bar.

We're also looking into a primer to make sure the stuff sticks like it should. There also may be an option for more colors (we're looking into it) other than black, which would add about $20.00 to the cost of the bar.

We're ready to make an initial run of them, so hence the pre-order thing. We need to know how much material to order, so we need a fairly solid number from the guys who want one or more for this first production run.

The bar in the video below will be what we will call "oversized". . . Meaning it has more room than a stock configuration. Unless you specify on your order, we will assume you want a bar with stock measurements.

The Bushweasel doesn't have huge hands, and expressed more interest in a stock configuration, as that is what he has "muscle memory" for. . . So to speak. That helped us with the decision to make two sizes available.

Pre-orders received now, will be ready to ship in approximately 3-4 weeks. . . I know it sounds slow, but the shop has made other commitments for work that it cannot go back on. In the future, we envision a faster turnaround as we will probably have a running stock of "common" saw handles on hand.

So, for now we're doing 044/046 (same mounts) and 066. Any custom bars will run in the $160 range shipped. . . It sounds like a lot until you sit in the shop with us doing a bar "one off". Firstly, we have to get access to a saw you want the bar for, then template for it, then bend for it, etc. If you're willing to send the PH for the saw you want, that would be great too. You would have to front the mullah to ship the saw to us, and back again. After that, the price would drop, because we would be jigged for that bar. . . Make sense?

Okay, the bars will be $99.00 shipped anywhere in the continental US. If you live elsewhere, the shipping will be more.

Now, warranty. . . We'll offer a warranty against manufacturing defects for 6 months. If you get the bar, and drop something on it, or drop the saw, or the neighbor guy drives over it, you're out'a luck. If you can send us pics that definitely show a defect in manufacture, send that bar back to us, and we'll send another or refund your money -- if it's within that 6 month window (this includes peeling or flaking of the coating). That's a pretty fair deal no?

To place your pre-order, email me at the address in my sig, or call the shop (1-406-756-2560). We'll need your name, address (billing and shipping -- P.O.'s are okay), whether or not you want "stock" or "oversized", what saw you're wanting it for, and how you're planning on paying. DCS can take major credit cards, PayPal, and US Postal Service money orders (no other type).

Once you place your order, we'll put you on the list. Once your money for the bar is received, we'll start making it. If you're on the list, and don't pay right away, we'll assume you're waiting, but intend to buy one within the next few weeks.

Please keep in mind, that when you put your name down, we add that to the materials order, which is all out of pocket expense for the shop. If you don't want one right now (or within the next few weeks) please wait to give us your info. We don't want to sit on material.

I'm also going to see if Jason will post pictures of the handle, and post in this thread with his experience with the bar. This was his first rodeo with a full-wrap, and so far he doesn't hate it. LOL

It will also be helpful if you post your intentions to order in this thread, just leave out the private particulars. . . It'll give me two places to keep count.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zGBrBfAmJn8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zGBrBfAmJn8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Wow, 13 views and no body is posting? Where are all the guys chomping at the bit to get one of these full-wraps? :confused:

Now that is what I call Marketing....:clap:

I think I would also go thru your last thread and multiple PM's to get the ball rolling...The way I see it is the people that posted are now customers...We all know that the best way to build that customer relationship is thru a personal reply...

Now get busy...LOL...And buy the way I do work on comission....:)...Will also work for rep...:clap:

Now that is what I call Marketing....:clap:

I think I would also go thru your last thread and multiple PM's to get the ball rolling...The way I see it is the people that posted are now customers...We all know that the best way to build that customer relationship is thru a personal reply...

Now get busy...LOL...And buy the way I do work on comission....:)...Will also work for rep...:clap:

LOL

It kinda came out sounding funny didn't it. :blush:

I was eluding to all the guys that participated in the poll. . . Not "HEY, LOOK OVER HERE AND BUY SOMETHING!" LOL

LOL

It kinda came out sounding funny didn't it. :blush:

I was eluding to all the guys that participated in the poll. . . Not "HEY, LOOK OVER HERE AND BUY SOMETHING!" LOL

I was being serious...If I bend over backwards to do something a customer or market ask, I would ask the same question you did...

People forget the want/need things...That is what impulse buying is all about...If you keep bringing it to their attention they will buy it...Kinda like what they do at Walmart w/ end caps...They grab things that are seasonal and put them out there for you to see...

I think you have a great thing going, but you need to keep it out there for people to see...Not to bring others into this, but sales are based on exposure and bumping your own thread is Marketing...

I will be more than happy to help you market your bars, b/c I feel you are an asset to AS...Good luck and good on you for bringing something to the table...:cheers:

I was being serious...If I bend over backwards to do something a customer or market ask, I would ask the same question you did...

People forget the want/need things...That is what impulse buying is all about...If you keep bringing it to their attention they will buy it...Kinda like what they do at Walmart w/ end caps...They grab things that are seasonal and put them out there for you to see...

I think you have a great thing going, but you need to keep it out there for people to see...Not to bring others into this, but sales are based on exposure and bumping your own thread is Marketing...

I will be more than happy to help you market your bars, b/c I feel you are an asset to AS...Good luck and good on you for bringing something to the table...:cheers:

Yes, or you pester them about it so much they'll just buy it to get you outa their hair! LOL.

Well shucks, I appreciate it.

I don't have anything to hide here. . . And I'll be honest. We're hovering right around the $2,300 mark right now with these bars. Buying the bender dies, machining time for the lower mounts, making all the jigs and fixtures.

The reason I even asked about them in the beginning, was because guys were talking about the other manufacturers being back ordered. The poll results showed a lot of interest as well.

I know I got a lot of messages about making these things, and now were ready.

I just kinda figured the guys that were waiting would post up? :dunno:

Well shucks, I appreciate it.

I don't have anything to hide here. . . And I'll be honest. We're hovering right around the $2,300 mark right now with these bars. Buying the bender dies, machining time for the lower mounts, making all the jigs and fixtures.

The reason I even asked about them in the beginning, was because guys were talking about the other manufacturers being back ordered. The poll results showed a lot of interest as well.

I know I got a lot of messages about making these things, and now were ready.

I just kinda figured the guys that were waiting would post up? :dunno:

It might also be a problem that it is in the Off topic forum? Why is it here?

I kinda thought this is where it belonged. . . Though the chainsaw section is definitely more visited.

I'll let Stihlboy or Dave decide if it can be moved I guess?

I posted the last one here didn't I? Let me go look. . .

EDIT: Dang it! The poll was in chainsaws. :rant:

That's what I get for not looking.

Last edited:
I kinda thought this is where it belonged. . . Though the chainsaw section is definitely more visited.

I'll let Stihlboy or Dave decide if it can be moved I guess?

I posted the last one here didn't I? Let me go look. . .

This definatly belongs in the CS forum...:cheers:

Latest posts

Back