Now taking pre-orders on 044,046,066 full wraps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To the fellas waiting on 372 handles. . . The waiting will have to continue I'm afraid. The shop has a big construction project going, which will keep us busy (and working out-of-town) for at least 8 weeks. I also have personal work projects I'm doing, and 400 irons in the fire.

We do have (don't quote me on this, I'll have to check) 3-4 066 handles in inventory, and a couple 044/046's. The price is $115.00 shipped.

A guy's gotta work while the work is there.

Fair enough. Just so you know now, I may have to go elsewhere for my handle's then, having handless saws kinda sucks.

Fair enough. Just so you know now, I may have to go elsewhere for my handle's then, having handless saws kinda sucks.

No worries if you do Will, totally understandable. :cheers:

Here's where I'm at so you guys know. I came up with the handle idea after doing some reading here. I sub my services to DCS, meaning I'm not a direct employee, I have my own business. I not only work for Doug, but bid and pursue my own ventures and jobs.

I approached Doug with the handle idea, and he thought it might be a good venture. He bought $500 in dies, and we worked together to source 6063, build squish dies, etc. I personally have hours and hours in this handle thing, and haven't seen a dime for a good majority of it (nor has DCS).

I'm not complaining, just laying it out there. As things sit, right now, the handles haven't put a dent in the initial investment. DCS is a regular job shop, when work comes in at shop-rate, it takes precedence. It's really out of my hands, as Doug has the majority investment in these. I work on them according to his schedule.

The 372's really bit us in the ass with the crazy bent side piece. It's going to take more time now to make the appropriate squish-die to make them fit. Let me tell you, Doug is a detail Nazi. . . If stuff isn't perfect, he'll throw it in the corner and start again. He refuses to send out stuff that's even a little off kilter.

That analness has built him a successful business, and he's been busy, when most shops in the valley have either scaled way back, or shut down all together. But it can also slow things down, nothing done there is "blow and go".

Right now I'm doing a remodel job in a small town north of me, and will be on it for a couple weeks (at least). Doug just got back from Ministry work in India, and had 5 bumper orders to fill immediately. . . As soon as that's done, we have a big commercial stair job 120 miles south that will take us out of town.

Doug also bought a Peterbilt from Minnestoa, and when he got it home, realized the MN salt and grime had ruined a lot of stuff on the truck (the previous owner didn't know the words "grease" or "maintenance"). For the past 6 weeks, he's been working on that as well, as he may have a job in three weeks for it.

A good portion of the guys of whom have ordered handles, I've had the privileged of talking with on the phone. I've kind of laid out the situation, and they've all understood.

It'd be awesome for us if we could launch this handle thing into outer-space, and rely on it for a full-time gig. . . Right now, it's out'a the cards. We're going to use them for infill, and go from there.

Guys, I'm sorry. I really wish some of this stuff was in my control, and I wish I could do more than I can right now.

I have to feed my family, just like y'all. You guys have been super patient with this thing, and it's more appreciated than you'll ever know.

No worries if you do Will, totally understandable. :cheers:

Here's where I'm at so you guys know. I came up with the handle idea after doing some reading here. I sub my services to DCS, meaning I'm not a direct employee, I have my own business. I not only work for Doug, but bid and pursue my own ventures and jobs.

I approached Doug with the handle idea, and he thought it might be a good venture. He bought $500 in dies, and we worked together to source 6063, build squish dies, etc. I personally have hours and hours in this handle thing, and haven't seen a dime for a good majority of it (nor has DCS).

I'm not complaining, just laying it out there. As things sit, right now, the handles haven't put a dent in the initial investment. DCS is a regular job shop, when work comes in at shop-rate, it takes precedence. It's really out of my hands, as Doug has the majority investment in these. I work on them according to his schedule.

The 372's really bit us in the ass with the crazy bent side piece. It's going to take more time now to make the appropriate squish-die to make them fit. Let me tell you, Doug is a detail Nazi. . . If stuff isn't perfect, he'll throw it in the corner and start again. He refuses to send out stuff that's even a little off kilter.

That analness has built him a successful business, and he's been busy, when most shops in the valley have either scaled way back, or shut down all together. But it can also slow things down, nothing done there is "blow and go".

Right now I'm doing a remodel job in a small town north of me, and will be on it for a couple weeks (at least). Doug just got back from Ministry work in India, and had 5 bumper orders to fill immediately. . . As soon as that's done, we have a big commercial stair job 120 miles south that will take us out of town.

Doug also bought a Peterbilt from Minnestoa, and when he got it home, realized the MN salt and grime had ruined a lot of stuff on the truck (the previous owner didn't know the words "grease" or "maintenance"). For the past 6 weeks, he's been working on that as well, as he may have a job in three weeks for it.

A good portion of the guys of whom have ordered handles, I've had the privileged of talking with on the phone. I've kind of laid out the situation, and they've all understood.

It'd be awesome for us if we could launch this handle thing into outer-space, and rely on it for a full-time gig. . . Right now, it's out'a the cards. We're going to use them for infill, and go from there.

Guys, I'm sorry. I really wish some of this stuff was in my control, and I wish I could do more than I can right now.

I have to feed my family, just like y'all. You guys have been super patient with this thing, and it's more appreciated than you'll ever know.

I totally understand Nate. Don't fret about it at all on my part. Saws for me is more a hobby, I use them to cut wood to heat my home, and have some fun. I don't rely on them to put food on the table, so its not a problem for me at all. It just kinda bugs me to have saws sitting that apart waiting on stuff, they might keep waiting too, I got lots of other stuff to do as well.

Will

Think I may have a quick fix for the 372 side piece thing. . . Based on something I saw on my Great Uncle Glen's 380 CD.

More later. . .

No worries from me either Nate. If/when you get the 372s done I'm stihl in. My 371 has a regular handle and is currently in service, I'd just like to go a different direction with it eventually. Projects for me are on indefinite hold for now as I've got too many outdoor projects in full progress to mess with saw fun stuff.......(I feel the need to clarify that: I stihl mess with saws, just the working ones right now):msp_biggrin:

Hope everyone's Spring is going well............and is drier than here....:msp_angry:

No worries from me either Nate. If/when you get the 372s done I'm stihl in. My 371 has a regular handle and is currently in service, I'd just like to go a different direction with it eventually. Projects for me are on indefinite hold for now as I've got too many outdoor projects in full progress to mess with saw fun stuff.......(I feel the need to clarify that: I stihl mess with saws, just the working ones right now):msp_biggrin:

Hope everyone's Spring is going well............and is drier than here....:msp_angry:

Ya, the handles are on hold for a bit. We have some tweaking to our system to do before we continue. Keep your powder dry!

Ya, the handles are on hold for a bit. We have some tweaking to our system to do before we continue. Keep your powder dry!

Oh, the powder is fine, but my darn feet are growing webs.......:help:

Oh, the powder is fine, but my darn feet are growing webs.......:help:

We've had a real wet winter here too, and this week every day has a chance of rain. At least the daytime high is above 40° finally. :dizzy:

The bad news is the snowpack is deep as hell, and we're gonna see some bad flooding. I have lake-front property already.:msp_rolleyes:

An update for the folks who are wondering.

There are only a couple handles left, and there will be none made in the near future. Earlier this year, Doug made some changes to his life, and effectively shut his shop down.

I don't have the ability (no shop to work in) at this point to pick up where we left off before he closed down. Perhaps I can get a shop erected in the upcoming year (if the Mayans are wrong LOL), and I'd be able to take some orders. But my crystal ball is broken -- so no promises.

I also have other irons in the fire that demand my attention. I will be sponsoring the site again, personally, with no affiliation with DCS. I just have to align my waterfowl. :D

I can check and see what handles are left, and post it here. . . But I won't sell any until I am a sponsor per site rules.

Thanks to all who purchased handles, and I truly hope they are serving you well!

To the folks wanting one, for now, you'll have to talk someone out of theirs that they purchased earlier.

Thanks for the update, and I am still very happy with the three I got. I'll be watching for when you come back on line with them.

Crap. That figures. I need to get my buddy a full wrap for his 066. It's my end of a trade deal. LMK if you have any left Nate.

Will do! :)

Thanks for the update, and I am still very happy with the three I got. I'll be watching for when you come back on line with them.

That's great! Glad you're happy with them! :cheers:

Back