Ochsenkopf Splitting Axe Reviews

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am no expert but that guy doing the review is embarrassing.
Who would swing a maul like that? All you need to do is raise it straight up and follow the drop.
And those small rounds he was trying to split would be easy with the Fiskars.
The rounds that I put under my Big Ox is 24" or better.
I'm with Mark on this one. For any splitting implement to be effective, it has to be swung with force, especially against big rounds, or those that have knots(as on the video) and/or dead branches binding the round together. Raising it straight up and following the drop will only split light stuff with straight grain.

I can't believe somebody told Be he needs to eat his wheaties.......guy splits long rounds on the regular. I like to think I'm in shape and I stick to 20 inch long rounds, mine look like babies compared to Ben's!
Funny I was just thinking about that post this morning and someone bumped this thread to the top.

I'm with Mark on this one. For any splitting implement to be effective, it has to be swung with force, especially against big rounds, or those that have knots(as on the video) and/or dead branches binding the round together. Raising it straight up and following the drop will only split light stuff with straight grain.
Thanks for pointing that out. I decided to post another video showing more of the Big Ox Maul, the OX20 Universal Forestry Axe, and the Ochsenkopf Hatchet. I hardly use my Fiskars X27 anymore. The combination of these tools will get the job done.

This video may be preaching to the choir with some of my instructions, but hopefully it will show more insight to the quality of the Ochsenkopf forestry tools.

Back