OH Sandy (storm chasers update)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there is a fallen tree tangled up in a house drop would you touch it with verification that the power was off?
Even if the power was knocked out to the house? I mean, how do you know its not gonna back on while you're working on it?

Here ya go , just found this on the web ! GOD has decided that he is gonna go for a new record and "MURPH" down as many trees as he can do eyes closed so they could land anywhere in a 24 hour period , that's the latest forecast ! So I want ya out there sharpening those saws forward and backwards as possible , and tie up that pony and batton down the hatches !

Apparently God doesn't have the finesse Ole' Murph has.

We did well today we cleaned up Bradford's and a soft rooted ash tree , and when I say well it was a easy day for good money and the people were thrilled , tomorrow same thing , and the next day and the next and the next , plenty of pear gonna get the saw :laugh:

Good storm? Dude, people died, many lost their homes, need I go on on you selfish, greedy, insensitive, ####?
Jeff :angry:

Well it was a good storm, I mean it did exactly what a good storm should do... just sucks for us to be in its way.

I think the death toll is around 40, some were crushed by falling trees. There were some hardheads who ignored the mandatory evacuation and then cried for help later. I think that's pretty bad. I mean if you're gonna stay then stay.

I dont really think he means it was a "good" storm but maybe a big storm. Sorta like when people say wicked. Wicked could mean cool and it could mean violent. Just a diff context.

If there is a fallen tree tangled up in a house drop would you touch it with verification that the power was off?
Even if the power was knocked out to the house? I mean, how do you know its not gonna back on while you're working on it?

Absolutely not, power may be out but Joe Schmo with his generator without a back feed shut off switch can be energizing that line back through from his house to the street.

Good storm? Dude, people died, many lost their homes, need I go on on you selfish, greedy, insensitive, ####?
Jeff :angry:

So what your saying Jeff if a ####ing typhoon blows through your neck of the woods and you make enough to pay your bills for a month or so that's your fault for doing your job ? How dare you call me out like that #### that , that's bull#### , I wouldn't dare ever do that to you , I have always been mindful of others and always tried to help where I can , and you make me out to be a jerkoff well #### that and now you can put me on ignore ! I mean WTF? :angry:

And you wanna know what else Jeff your a damn hypocrite , I saw you post pics of damaged trees getting plucked with a crane , and you want us to believe your boss doesn't like to do work like that , man you really just lit my ####ing fire man so believe me let's just let it drop , I have spoke to at least 6 members of this today alone and are all thankful for this work , I need it they need it we all need it ! :angry:

Not like we wished it on any particular people to get hit (well maybe 101 did:laugh:) but I'll take all I can get. Great storm , bring it on! I had the misfortune of a tree falling in my driveway and screwing up some of my dogwoods, does that make it better?

Its been a long hard day in the rain helping people put their lives back in order. Rest up and have a good night. Stay safe tomorow.

So what your saying Jeff if a ####ing typhoon blows through your neck of the woods and you make enough to pay your bills for a month or so that's your fault for doing your job ? How dare you call me out like that #### that , that's bull#### , I wouldn't dare ever do that to you , I have always been mindful of others and always tried to help where I can , and you make me out to be a jerkoff well #### that and now you can put me on ignore ! I mean WTF? :angry:

Nah Dumb-a s s, I would not brag about like a greedy little B,,,
Jeff

BTW,, you are not mindful of other's.

Nah Dumb-a s s, I would not brag about like a greedy little B,,,
Jeff

BTW,, you are not mindful of other's.

Whatever Jeff I refuse to have a name calling war with you , your not gonna bait me into getting banned , I have already seen that trick you pull on others that are not as witty as me ! :msp_sneaky:

And you wanna know what else Jeff your a damn hypocrite , I saw you post pics of damaged trees getting plucked with a crane , and you want us to believe your boss doesn't like to do work like that , man you really just lit my ####ing fire man so believe me let's just let it drop , I have spoke to at least 6 members of this today alone and are all thankful for this work , I need it they need it we all need it ! :angry:

I get it, I guess seeing this all on tv and then hear you say 'Good storm', pissed me off. So there, yeah, we both pissed each other off.
Jeff

Spent all day yesterday looking at jobs and getting the bucket back from having the boom hoses done. Got Blakey upstairs crashed out still. We're rolling out to help rescue a couple old lesbo's with a good sized oak across their driveway this am (not hot.. go figure). Got some other jobs on the burner from this thing too. See what transpires.

Oh, and finally got the load of concrete, fencing and vines off the chip truck. They gave me half weight, on account of the concrete. Not bad, actually walked away with $156 cash for that mess!!

I get it, I guess seeing this all on tv and then hear you say 'Good storm', pissed me off. So there, yeah, we both pissed each other off.
Jeff

No hardly , you didn't piss me off , after I snapped out I watched Eward Scissorhands for a bit and went to bed with a big fat smile on my face , now I am up #### showered and shaved ready to go work the "good storm" day 2 ! That's my new way of signing work orders and bills "the good storm" ?

we got some damage, which will keep us busy for a week or maybe a little more... BUT considering we were supposed to get a direct hit from a category one there is very little damage. I've been to huricanes like yugo, Isabel, Charlie, Jean, Fracis that would drop your jaw as you drove around looking at total devastation... so far I've had one tree on a house... (actually through a house... cut the garage in half and totalled both cars, as the family slept in the basement) and maybe 6-8 across driveways... no cranes needed here.. not worth traveling for etc.. most of the root plates that lifted were spruce, some pine.. most deciduous damage came from decay at the base, very few broken limbs/hangers, actually almost none.. Roads were very drivable all day yesterday, a bunch of detours and seemed like the townships were slow to get the easy ones cleared.. CERTAINLY NOT WORTH TRAVELING TO. Maybe the damage is worse in other places.. it almost seemed like the storm hit Jersey hard, then split with a lot of damage in NY and Conn, and some in Maryland and No Va.. as far as I could tell there were no sustained winds of 85 mph for 36 hours here... not even close... there were a few gusts here and there, but mostly the rain fell straight, not even that hard either, just for a long time...

Latest posts

Back