OH Sandy (storm chasers update)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVEN YOU huh?

We'll put that tree on the ground in less than 4 hours from arrival.. no crane.. no additional damage.. and kick back 10% commission to the dan..

I got your message, hope yer having a nice Calgon moment. I passed on that oak last Tuesday. I was thinking you would be to swamped to get on it quickly. I had thought they found someone else but when they called me back on Saturday I don't know. When I was there on Tuesday there were other guy's there who I assumed would take care of it. I went back on Saturday and a guy from Rick's was checking it out. I hope its being taken care of, if I had the crew and equipment I would have done it. I never put a price on it, my verbular estimate was around 4k assuming the stump and ruts were included. I think Rick's is doing it, I don't know what they are charging.
I hate to send anybody on a wild goose chase with promises and that oak is just one tree on a roof out of many so lets all just forget about.

I got your message, hope yer having a nice Calgon moment. I passed on that oak last Tuesday. I was thinking you would be to swamped to get on it quickly. I had thought they found someone else but when they called me back on Saturday I don't know. When I was there on Tuesday there were other guy's there who I assumed would take care of it. I went back on Saturday and a guy from Rick's was checking it out. I hope its being taken care of, if I had the crew and equipment I would have done it. I never put a price on it, my verbular estimate was around 4k assuming the stump and ruts were included. I think Rick's is doing it, I don't know what they are charging.
I hate to send anybody on a wild goose chase with promises and that oak is just one tree on a roof out of many so lets all just forget about.

Your the one dangling that 4K carrot over his head , I would drop what I was doing and go and lay a smack down on it for that money too , and now " just drop it " you say , your a #### tease LOL! Oppps I just remembered none of us are supposed to show any emotion about this storm other then somber sad thoughts MY BAD EVERYONE!

Last edited:
kind of off topic

but my brother sent me this pic of abunch of asplundh bucket trucks parked at a hotel in new york on standby and each truck had the outriggers down and upperboom up anyone know why they do this my guess is so they dont get stolen or mabe so people cant steal tool holder,bucket cover,insert,saw scabbord etc but i could be wrong just curious seems like a PITA to do that everytime they park
View attachment 260883

Last edited:
Or ya just jam open the valve for the upper boom and then you jump the selenoid on the pony motor with a screwdriver it doesn't need to start to move fluid through cranking is enough and she will come right down to the cradle and BAM game over LOL!!! But you didn't hear me say that !

but my brother sent me this pic of abunch of asplundh bucket trucks parked at a hotel in new york on standby and each truck had the outriggers down and upperboom up anyone know why they do this my guess is so they dont get stolen or mabe so people cant steal tool holder,bucket cover,insert,saw scabbord etc but i could be wrong just curious seems like a PITA to do that everytime they park
View attachment 260883

They only do it when parked over night, generally tbe buckets are packed with valuables like chainsaws and rigging gear. Kinda an old practice though, u can pin, padlock and key lock them up pretty tight nowadays.

Your the one dangling that 4K carrot over his head , I would drop what I was doing and go and lay a smack down on it for that money too , and now " just drop it " you say , your a #### tease LOL! Oppps I just remembered none of us are supposed to show any emotion about this storm other then somber sad thoughts MY BAD EVERYONE!

I am not dangling anything although I can understand how a person could see it that way.

Using these old containers as temporary dams for a road that washed out.

a7uveha8.jpg

uhegu4e5.jpg

I was thinking you could brace it up so it would stay on its own when you cut it off the house. But that would be alot of work to add braces.

That's redneck ingenuity... as per dave's video... not really that hard to brace if you have the wood handy... especially if you can trip the cut from the bucket...

I am not dangling anything although I can understand how a person could see it that way.

That's OK Bro,
Next time... no assumptions ... bang 'em over the head with the price and ring me...even though I called you all kinds of names way back when... business is business.. you put money in my pocket and I'll put some in yours... Do me a favor and double check that job... Rick's price might have been higher than 4K. If he didn't start yet, we'll make sawdust in the AM.. just looked at pics of a job in Jersey that Bartett put $11K on, one tree...

That's OK Bro,
Next time... no assumptions ... bang 'em over the head with the price and ring me...even though I called you all kinds of names way back when... business is business.. you put money in my pocket and I'll put some in yours... Do me a favor and double check that job... Rick's price might have been higher than 4K. If he didn't start yet, we'll make sawdust in the AM.. just looked at pics of a job in Jersey that Bartett put $11K on, one tree...
Now don't you go messing with ol bartlett murph , they feed me well and I know what tree your referring too . LOL just kidding I got a in with a guy over here pretty high up and it works nice for me !

View attachment 260883

check for leaks....cant have a boom set you down on a primary.....nasty stuff

Good for you. But i can tell you that you wont get it at that price. I can tell the guy is tight.

thats okay neighbor prolly got a smaller one for 6000 :D.....glad to hear plenty of business goin on....im up to my elbows at home but my crew is all in...ill try to post pics if they send me some.....be safe yall....

Latest posts

Back