Oh so thankful for wood heat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Advantages of wood heat

Here's why we like wood heat: It satisfies the primevil urge for the cave and a fire. The heat is both air and radiant. It keeps the woodcutter in shape. It clears out of the dead or bad trees for more to grown. It provides brush piles for the rabbits. It puts a chainsaw in my hands and I love 2 stroke engines. It gets me in the woods where I've found great deer sheds. My G. Shepard likes the woods. It provides a challenge to get the wood- ATV or tractor. It makes you sleep well. I see wildlife while in the woods. Thank God my Dad was a Buckstove dealer. (Ps: when we built the house we installed a Geo Thrermal system which is great but I'd rather burn the FPX 36's and the Buck Regular in the shop.)

Last edited:
...don't know how I could survive finacially without burning wood.
My furnace makes my mortgage payments.

Sure I love the wood heat and it's telling when the guys that have gas heat come over. They all claim that my house is so warm....I like it that way.
Plus hoofing the wood does keep me in better shape not that drilling 100-200 holes a day ice fishing and dragging a 150 lb portable staying on schools of fish don't have any effect.LOL

You really notice it when you go to others people places who do not heat with wood. Many I know keep the thermostat at around 66F, which I find comparable to a meat locker - when you're used to 75 in your own home (first thing in the morning can be a bit chilly, though - but it builds character). Wood is the only way to go.

Wife wanted one of those new "electric fireplaces" to go with the wood heater, so we got one the other week at HD for 176.00. I must admit that it's nice around 3 in the morning when the wood has died-down. Guess I'll have to get an electric chainsaw to cut some electric wood, too. :laugh:

Back