Ohio GTG Jan 3rd

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm of the opinion that the 441 is probably one of the best saws out there for a non-modder. If you want good power, good fuel consumption, good iar filtration, good AV, and you don't plan to mod it... then it's the saw for you. Most here bad mouth it because it doesn't take to mods like the equally weighted 460 does.

Sure, but it has quite a bit less power when both are stock as well.

We did that last December at Bills. It was Stihl 041S's saw. My Dad and I were the only ones to "play" with it.

Here's Dad at the controls.
230172359_fhg9g-L.jpg

No wonder there was a stump under the end of the log......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sure, but it has quite a bit less power when both are stock as well.

You'd be surprised how much alike they run when stock. Doesn't feel like the difference the specs tell.

Another reason why specs are no good.:)

There is that revolver again

Guns and chainsaws must always be at the same place at the same time..

45-70

Me? Or one of the other Erics' here?
I think 405 grains of lead would do quite the number on about anything it makes contact with.

Me? Or one of the other Erics' here?
I think 405 grains of lead would do quite the number on about anything it makes contact with.

Yep that would be you. I didn't know of any others that were going with a cannon like that.

You'd be surprised how much alike they run when stock. Doesn't feel like the difference the specs tell.

Another reason why specs are no good.:)

I run my saw with a 460 and if you were blind folded the only way you would know the saw is the 441 is smoother the 460 did not out cut the 441 or if
it did it was so slight you couldnt tell .Thats why i wanted a timed cut at
the gtg.i am going to try the bb kit but i need a timed cut to compare with
after im done.

Latest posts

Back