Ohio Spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

procarbine2k1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have been chatting with a couple members about a possible GTG in the next month or so. Just thought I would throw something up here, and let you guys start coming up with some dates and ideas.
I can host if need be, and will do my best to come up with some cants for some cutting. All ideas welcome.
Doesn't have to be in Mansfield, if someone out there has been planning to have one- have at it. Cleveland, Columbus, somewhere in Central Ohio I am hoping.

If I host, I have about 5 acres to work with in a nice private setting. May be a little hard to find, but close to I-71, US30, and ST RT 42. Would be primitive, but plenty of establishments nearby as well as a Stihl dealer (not the greatest, but a dealer none the less).
Like I said, if someone has a better idea or location- feel free to post it up.

And hopefully if there is any BS or drama still floating around, or hurt feelings- it is taken care of or mended so we can all have one heck of a time.
Thanks fellas, Jeff S.

Hey Jeff, let me be first to say I'm game for a get together! As long as I'm not working the weekend its scheduled I'll be there with a couple of saws. I don't know what type of wood your looking for but I might be able to find some smaller logs to bring.

I've been thinking about that too. I hate to bring anything that would burn well in the wood stove. I think I will be able to find some pine, poplar, or cottonwood of some sort...
Matt (Teddy.Scout) has quite a few big logs laying around, if he would have something at his place. I think he was kicking around the idea too. I really don't care where it is, I just like putting names with faces and sharing the same hobby as everyone else here.
Wish I still had the skid loader, it would be nice to have some big logs for the big dogs, instead of just having the 8" cants to cut on. Ah, we'll figure something out here soon.

Forgot to mention too Mark, that if you ever need help cutting or splitting and get in a pinch- just give me a holler. I'll keep cutting this year, but cut enough last year and this spring to hold me over through next winter. Don't be a stranger, I'm only a short drive away...

Let me know when and where. I am game. I live in Mt. Vernon. I think I can get fmaglin to come along as well. If some one have some large cotton wood that I can bring. As long as it is not too far away. Might be able to bring a log truck load if my driver is willing.

Ray

Any one else have any good ideas? I was thinking around the end of the month, or peraps the first week or two in April? Thanks for the input fellas, keep it coming...

Any one else have any good ideas? I was thinking around the end of the month, or peraps the first week or two in April? Thanks for the input fellas, keep it coming...

Do you mean May? It is the 11th of April. First week is gone and only 3 days left in second week.

Ray

Do you mean May? It is the 11th of April. First week is gone and only 3 days left in second week.

Ray

Sure did buddy, unless I count the daily GTG's I have with myself and the saws in the garage.

Last week in April, or the first week or two in May. If you guys have better suggestions on dates, throw them up.

I'm in, if the date gets worked out. May 1-2 would be best for me. If need be I suppose I could host, but would have to look into the farms insurance. We have a nice picnic shelter and plenty of wood, as well as the equipment to move it. Located just a hair north of Columbus in the Lewis Center area.

Let me know when and where. We will be there. I also have a couple of large pieces of wood for those who want 36" stuff.

Ray

Keep me posted! Sounds like you're near Mid Ohio Raceway. It would be cool to have one in July to coinside with the motorcycle races.

Who-ra!
Now what?

Procarbine is the host, I am close enough that as long as I got work off, I am there!

If procarbine doesn't want to or can't host, I can. But I think people would have to sign some sort of wavier and probably ought to wear chaps.

Back