Ohio Spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok fellas, just got off the phone.. and we are a go at Dave's (cheapskate) place, just north of the I-270 and I-71 bypass. Best thing we can do is get a date set, so throw up the date you are wanting so we can get the rest of the details ironed out.
May 1
May 15
May 29 (if this is ok with Dave, can't remember if this is available or not.

Please pick one of the above, and we will go with the one with the most interest. Big thanks to Dave for having this at his place.
Also please note, for liability- there will be no alcohol. Hope this doesn't hurt any feelings, just an insurance thing.
We also need a log/ cant stand, I don't know who had the last one at the GTG. I will make one if need be, but hopefully someone has one they can bring. Post up suggestions, and any offered help if you have something that we will need at the GTG. Hope to see some faces at this thing. Jeff S.

Count me in. And tell me if you need some big stuff. I have 2 36" cotton wood log halves I can bring.

Ray

So we're talking just outside Columbus? I might be able to make that.

About 9 miles outside of Columbus. Trying to get a roll call together, but can't until we nail a date down. Most suggestions I have had is for the first.
Think it would be pretty cool if we all throw up a little bartering at the last minute, for a little swap meet. Gosh help us all if the wife doesn't monitor my spending money.
Looks like I will be bringing one of my Homelite 540's, my 090, my 064, and may bring a Jim Savage or an Orline down. May let the Wright blade saw come down if I don't sell it first (she is next on the selling block). Will probably bring down my 029 Super for kicks as well. Ah heck, depends on what mood I'm in I guess... but will more than likely just bring down my bigger saws... Hope to see you all there.

This thread doesn't seem to be grabbing much interest... Something wrong with the location or date possibilities or something? Perhaps I peed in someone's Wheaties?
Let me know what you guys are looking for, and we will try to make it happen. Sure would like to meet some more folks from AS!

So far, I only have about a dozen members that may be going. Chime in guys!

About 9 miles outside of Columbus. Trying to get a roll call together, but can't until we nail a date down. Most suggestions I have had is for the first.
Think it would be pretty cool if we all throw up a little bartering at the last minute, for a little swap meet. Gosh help us all if the wife doesn't monitor my spending money.
Looks like I will be bringing one of my Homelite 540's, my 090, my 064, and may bring a Jim Savage or an Orline down. May let the Wright blade saw come down if I don't sell it first (she is next on the selling block). Will probably bring down my 029 Super for kicks as well. Ah heck, depends on what mood I'm in I guess... but will more than likely just bring down my bigger saws... Hope to see you all there.

dude! im just off I70!

may 1st ......... hmm
that sounds good i guess

I don't care if it is just you and me. I think that it would still be fun. And for those who don't show up they can look at the pics.

Ray

I agree with cheapskate. You should just pick a date regaurdless as to what others are saying. Also Id say next year give people more time to make sure they can mark their calenders.
Ill try to make it but my weekends get pretty busy with kids in the summer.:)

This thread doesn't seem to be grabbing much interest... Something wrong with the location or date possibilities or something? Perhaps I peed in someone's Wheaties?
Let me know what you guys are looking for, and we will try to make it happen. Sure would like to meet some more folks from AS!

So far, I only have about a dozen members that may be going. Chime in guys!

If it was later on I could do it, but with just getting back from a chainsaw event in South Carolina and the PA GTG on May 15, and I'm not sure I can get out to that one either. There is too much going on to close together for me to try and make it all, and Chardon is this weekend, I won't be able to watch that either, that is another 5 hour drive.

Plus alot of guys will be working ground and getting seed in the ground right now and for teh next few weeks, that may deter our farming friends also. :)

ohio gtg

i { we} will be there this will be our first gtg, really looking forward to it.

i am somewhat new to saws & firewood cutting. time is getting close you must pick a date , whatever date you pick will not be good for everybody.

we are in for the first of may. we are in cambridge & ready to come & meet

ya`ll.

candyman & pancake..

May 1st it is, I have more feedback on this date than any other. I know this won't work for everyone, and if it doesn't work for some of you guys- we'll try to have another soon enough.
Heck that is only half a week away, better start getting some stuff ready!

Also wanted to remind any of you racers or cookie cutters, that if you have a log or cant stand that you would be willing to bring- chime in. If not, I will get one together this weekend.
Again, big thanks to you Cheapskate!

Latest posts

Back