Ohio Spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't dropped the ball on it fellas. Legality issues, and waiver forms are what the wait is right now. Should know tonight, and for any other members here that have had a GTG, feel free to let me know what you use as a waiver.
PPE is a must, no one will cut unless they have chaps, gloves, and glasses. I don't prefer chaps myself, but will be required for liability/insurance reasons.
I don't mind to host, but if you guys are wanting to cut some bigger logs- then we may want to have it elsewhere. I would love to, and am down with it if some guys want to bring some- just don't know of an easy way to do it.
Like I said, I am in for all suggestions and dates. I am in Mansfield, which is an hour north of Columbus, and an hour south of Cleveland.

There is a GTG south of Erie Pa on May 15th. It is going to be more race oriented. Lots of modded saws cutting cants...I can post some information if needed. I don't think I'm gonna make that one though.

Alright guys, trying to get some details nailed down. I am working with another member on having a GTG possibly at his location(he definitely has the facility and equipment access to do so), and working out some liability concerns.
Not 100% on location, or date- but will update as soon as information comes my way. Hopefully I can have more details tomorrow afternoon.
Looking at the weekend of May 1-2.

How about we try to get a running roster up here, for folks that plan on attending an Ohio GTG the first week in May? The location would still be in Central/ North Central Ohio. May be in Mansfield, may be a bit south toward Columbus. Most likely will only be a couple weeks away, so I will be working on liability forms tonight and looking at all the small things so there isn't a scurry before the GTG date.

1. ProCarbine2k1 (Jeff S.)
etc...

1. ProCarbine2k1 (Jeff S.)
2. teddy.scout
etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
The weekend of the 1st is booked for me too LOL. The weekend of the 15th would be better for me. I just be able to make that one!:cheers:

I think the 15th may pose a problem if many AS members are planning on going. But if the 15th works better than the 1st or 2nd for everyone else, then so be it. What about the 8th?
Cheapskate, I will be calling you in a few- just have to run a couple errands first...:cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
ok, i don't really care when it is but I can't do it the weekend of may 9-10, or april 25-26. maybe may 23-24 would be best? I don't know. i looked around, and I think I have plenty of wood, but most of it is bigger stuff- 30" or so, although I'm sure I can come up with some smaller stuff.

ok, i don't really care when it is but I can't do it the weekend of may 9-10, or april 25-26. maybe may 23-24 would be best? I don't know. i looked around, and I think I have plenty of wood, but most of it is bigger stuff- 30" or so, although I'm sure I can come up with some smaller stuff.

23-24th would be good too.:cheers:

I want everyone to be able to come, but that just isn't going to happen. If we have a few guys unable to make it, rather than a dozen- then I say we grab the date.
Here is what I think... May 1 or 2, or May 15 or 16. We can try for earlier or later, but I think if we go any later than that- we start getting into memorial day plans and what not.
Your guys call, just wish I knew how many folks couldn't make it on either date (or last week in May) and just pick the one that most can attend.

I am never on HotSaws website, and don't know how many planned on attending the one in PA. I don't plan on going, either way- but wondered if there were quite a few from AS going or not.
Heck I will come if we have it this weekend, I don't care. I am just looking forward to cutting some wood and shooting the breeze. Sounds like a good day of fun in the making.

Back