Oil Stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danrclem

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Oil Burning Stoves

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know that this is in the wrong section but I put it in the off topic section and didn't get any responses. I thought since most of the people in this section were concerned with heat that some of you might be able to answer my questions. It is very important to me or I wouldn't have posted it here.

My mother is wanting to buy a new free standing oil stove. I'd cut her some wood and set her up with a woodstove but since she's 85 years old that wouldn't be a good idea.

She has an oil stove now and wants to replace it. I've done some research and have thought about the Napoleon OS10 with and ignitor and thermostat.

She only heats one floor of a small house probably less than 1,000 sq. ft. on the bottom level. The house was probably built back in the 30's or 40's but was remodeled and has good insulation in the outside walls and double pane windows. She's located just south of Lou. Ky. so the winters are not severe but it still can get down in the single digits and ever few years it gets down below zero.

Any input on the Napoleon OS10 or any other suggestions welcome.

Danny

Oil Burning Stoves

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know that this is in the wrong section but I put it in the off topic section and didn't get any responses. I thought since most of the people in this section were concerned with heat that some of you might be able to answer my questions. It is very important to me or I wouldn't have posted it here.

My mother is wanting to buy a new free standing oil stove. I'd cut her some wood and set her up with a woodstove but since she's 85 years old that wouldn't be a good idea.

She has an oil stove now and wants to replace it. I've done some research and have thought about the Napoleon OS10 with and ignitor and thermostat.

She only heats one floor of a small house probably less than 1,000 sq. ft. on the bottom level. The house was probably built back in the 30's or 40's but was remodeled and has good insulation in the outside walls and double pane windows. She's located just south of Lou. Ky. so the winters are not severe but it still can get down in the single digits and ever few years it gets down below zero.

Any input on the Napoleon OS10 or any other suggestions welcome.

Danny
type in [napoleon os10 oil stove] in your search engine alot of info on it......

Thanks, I had tried googling Napoleon OS 10 but all I could find were dealers. I'll try the ********** forums and see what I come up with.

Danny

Used to work on the 'ole Zeigler oil heaters. Light 'em up, let the oil drip. Do the new ones work on the same principle?

Just think of it like this

Every drip is like a nickel hitting the fire pot and disappearing.LOL

Latest posts

Back