Ok...Outgrown the Dremel....Foredom on the horizon...But..need info.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The right angle MC 182AMC from CC Speciality is the tool for porting 2 stroke cylinders, it can reach up into the upper transfers with ease even on 40 cc cylinders. It uses 1/8" dia shaft bits which are plentiful from many sources, CC also sells an array of porting bits, a bit spendy but you get what you pay for. They have two videos showing a 182 in use on Youutube.

Good info thanks!!

We won't tell robin.....shhhh

Yep...time will tell.....that Dumore is one heavy duty unit.....to bad the dremel rig didn't work out...I really liked the slim handpieces....will have to see what I can find for a similar handpiece for the Dumore. I'm in no rush.......patience always produces things in their own time and at the right price...but sometimes the wait is long...LOL!!!

I got a line on a hand piece, I'll have to check my tool guy for the right angle or 135* handpiece.

You still gonna do the testing?

Yeah...I plan on going over the Dumore a bit and securing the elec, lubing the shaft drive etc and see how it works.....that handpiece is a pretty big unit to get into saw ports with but I kinda messed with it a bit on one of the cyls that was by the beadblaster and even that bit will work in the EX ports straight in. But I had to put that Saab in the shop for an oil/filter and fuel filter change after you left so that took most of the daylight today!!

Robin lad;
I meant will you do the testing once I find a Rt angle head ?

No worries ;-))

Oh sure....just remember it will need to be as compact as possible to reach down a 50MM hole and work the upper transfers........a couple things I noticed on the Dumore...(1) the threads on the motor body that attach the flex shaft are lefthand thread and (2) the size of the square drive on the inner cable is larger than the dremel type..didn't measure it but can easily...just heavier duty but may be something to keep in mind when selecting a handpiece.

This is all good. as this is the type of info I am looking for ...what works best and what works with other brands of things. Maybe when you get home and have time you could measure the square drive on the dremel and we can compare sizes and also maybe one of the guys on here can give us the same cable demensions on a CC handpiece...if they would be so kind......Thanks

We got to shooting the bull, and I never got the model number off that Powerhead. But as I saw some calipeters around I can ask you what size it is.

Most are left hand threads unless they go thru a reduction gear on the other end of the motor. Then right hand.

Maybe rh on the reversible models also. Have to check.

We got to shooting the bull, and I never got the model number off that Powerhead. But as I saw some calipeters around I can ask you what size it is.

Most are left hand threads unless they go thru a reduction gear on the other end of the motor. Then right hand.

Maybe rh on the reversible models also. Have to check.

When I get to the shop I'll get the number off the power unit and measure the square drive and get back to you this afternoon. It looks like you'll be heading into some real crappy weather for driving...be safe!!

When I get to the shop I'll get the number off the power unit and measure the square drive and get back to you this afternoon. It looks like you'll be heading into some real crappy weather for driving...be safe!!

Looks like crap weather but hey..... It's a road trip.

Looks like we will be visiting roncoinc and like he says "at least you got a wind shield ."

Thanks

I have a Foredom SR and the CC 182MC handpiece. It works great for getting into transfer ports and it built very tough. Chatter can be a bit of an issue with carbides inside the transfer ports but CC makes a diamond plated burr that works well to smooth things out and doesn't clog up with aluminum as I thought it would. Also using the reverse of the grinder helps in the corners, someday I might get a left hand burr but for now the diamond burr works fine to smooth things up.

I've also used it to drill out broken bolts where right angle drills could not fit, having it to do that job was worth the price of the handpiece. Saved me from having to pull an engine from a large cabin cruiser boat.

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

Rob...I got the numbers off the Dumore as follows:

Catalog # 6-021

Serial # 8145A-3504

The square drive on the cable measures .150........I think the dremel size was more like .125 but did not measure that when it was here.

srcarr52 do you know the measurement or can you take a measurement of the drive cable that goes to the rt angle CC handpiece???

Pull over, dig thru trunk, open box.

Nope. 'pears to be different. Dremel to Foredom that is.

Hmmmmmm...the plot thickens!!! See??? this is all good info... eventually we will isolate what there is available and what will work with other brands etc.......this is exactly what I wanted to find out...and as this continues we will!! Stihl waiting for someone with the foredom and CC pieces to speak some measurements of the square drive shafts on those....numbers will help a lot!!

Latest posts

Back