ok, so I'm not a logger....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyank

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
always tell my wife I want to be a logger when I grow up... neighbor had tree company cut 8 40-50 ft pines down today. Guy was gonna just drop them at the dump so I asked and he dropped them in my yard. Just planning on splitting it to sell (hot item here in FL for back yard fires)

ok, so after 6 hours on the saw bucking and then splitting, I'm toast....
and not even 1/2 done..

ouch, much respect for you guys that do this all day every day!!!

pics? Yeah I hate dragging my 346xp around all day. I can only imagine lugging a 660 around:laugh:

Jobs like this are the reason bow saws were invented...

Poulan3400bowsaw2006.jpg

Carb cleaner will get rid of pine sap on your saw but would not want to clean my hands with it. For the sap on you dish liquid works real good.

Carb cleaner will get rid of pine sap on your saw but would not want to clean my hands with it. For the sap on you dish liquid works real good.

thanks, will try it... been using just WD40 and with some scrubbing it comes off but always looking for something that might be easier

Saw gas cleans pitch off skin, saws, and glasses. Also makes good mosquito repellent in a pinch- Sam

that should have only been a 1 hour job since it was pine:yoyo::chainsawguy::hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back