Ok so please don't respond if your too young to remember

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok choose your option

• #1 Safety leak

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • #2 common sense fuel can

Votes: 88 91.7%
  • #3 I only come here to feel I'm a man

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

ropensaddle

Feel Lucky
Reaction score
I'm holding a grudge for 30 years that upsets me daily each time i use a fuel can! These contraption now that pass for fuel cans are ridiculous in my opinion. The safety one is the worst design for anything ever, what's safe about a can that leaks if tumped over in the back of a truck ?

Ok now please only vote if you have actually used both style cans.

We will start with the one I despise

#1 is thisView attachment 286706

#2 is the one I feel worked fine and looks like this cost 1.99 then

View attachment 286707

#3 I don't care because really I never use either I just come here to feel like a man!

Last edited:
I just smashed one of them safety cans yesterday, and it felt pretty damn good! :rock:

#2 here, never had a gas spill, fire or any issue that the safety police try to protect us from. Common sense just is not common anymore.

Safe my arse. When combined with todays "fuel" these non-vented plastic jugs are an accident waiting to happen. Swell up like a ball and roll around in the bed of the truck then shrink up like prune. One brilliant design I had for a short while you had to invert the flex tube to cap the can, then guess what happened when you unscrewed the cap under pressure if the can was full??:msp_scared:

But I have been saved from the safety nazis via an auction over the winter where a fellow had stashed an entire skid of 5 gallon pre guberment intervention fuel cans. NO! none are for sale. MINE!! :msp_angry:

Safe my arse. When combined with todays "fuel" these non-vented plastic jugs are an accident waiting to happen. Swell up like a ball and roll around in the bed of the truck then shrink up like prune. One brilliant design I had for a short while you had to invert the flex tube to cap the can, then guess what happened when you unscrewed the cap under pressure if the can was full??:msp_scared:

But I have been saved from the safety nazis via an auction over the winter where a fellow had stashed an entire skid of 5 gallon pre guberment intervention fuel cans. NO! none are for sale. MINE!! :msp_angry:

But that's what the little pop up yellow plastic vent was for :hmm3grin2orange:

I also liked old ironsides but why the bejeesies some dis-engineer had to mess with a gas can is beyond me. I think he might have been the same one Still used for their flippy cap :)

All the new one suck! After using the new plastic saftey ones they all leak or break. I have one i keep for logging that has mix on one side bar oil on the other or gas in an old oil jug tied to an oil jug and sling them over your shoulder. The metal one love to build pressure in the summer suks when you forget to pop them before you pour and get a shower.

But that's what the little pop up yellow plastic vent was for :hmm3grin2orange:

Key word being WAS :msp_biggrin:

I think what they are actually after is that half of us will give up and get electric saws and mowers and the other half will be killed by gasoline spills and the subsequent fires.

I've used plain old fuel cans for over 30 years and prefer them. Hate the safety can you listed!

Recently I got a few No-Spill cans and have to say I like em. They work very good!

I've used the safety cans when they were owned by others that I was working with. That experience kept me from ever buying one, they are joke, classic example of creating more problems than are solved by using a design from someone that never uses a gas can, but they sure have a degree to prove they are qualified!

Second option always worked pretty well, a little care and they never spilled when pouring. I had one for years that had a little flexible spout that I loved, very sad day when an employee poked it with a pitchfork.

I tried any number of gas can since then with mixed results and was never happy.

Then I found No-Spill, they are expensive, they are not perfect, but at least I don't dread using them. They take a few minutes of instruction or newbies will still waste gas by spilling it, but not nearly as bad as other designs. I'm happy again for the time being as regards gas cans.

Mr. HE:cool:

#2 here, never had a gas spill, fire or any issue that the safety police try to protect us from. Common sense just is not common anymore.

Its amazing any of us here have lived using those non safety cans. I filled up my kerosene heater with the one with the plunger type... Holy hell I could have built a fire before I filled it, and that ALMOST includes cutting down the tree.:msp_biggrin:

Back when I was a teenager (don't ask), we carried gas in gallon jugs. Just sayin'.

I've used plain old fuel cans for over 30 years and prefer them. Hate the safety can you listed!

Recently I got a few No-Spill cans and have to say I like em. They work very good!

I replaced all of my, three hands to operate, cans with No-Spills, they rock.

Latest posts

Back