Ok so please don't respond if your too young to remember

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok choose your option

• #1 Safety leak

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • #2 common sense fuel can

Votes: 88 91.7%
  • #3 I only come here to feel I'm a man

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
Fun to listen to everyone's comments on the "improved" gas cans.

My personal favorites. Unfortunately the rubber spouts crack and you can't get new ones. I spill a whole lot less gas with these as compared to the new ones. The 2 1/2 gallon can is low and stable; doesn't tip over easily, and is a nice size for gas mix - enough for accurate mixing.
If working (chopping) alone, I like two thick walled plastic gallon jugs with a loop of rope through the two handles - one bar oil and one mix. Cheap, reasonably rugged, and light.

View attachment 287139

Old McC can. Bought around 1965 with McCulloch 250 (1st new saw).
Leaded and 30W-ND, the marks on the tip cup were for 1 or 2 gallon mix
US or Imperial.
Rope sling and pair of squeeze bottles, for quart of mix and quart of bar oil (same thing back then).
Burned way more than ever spilled.
Older cutters will know the reason for the punched hole on rim of tin cup.
No, wasn't to keep it on hand at the bar, lol.

View attachment 287145

View attachment 287149

View attachment 287150

Hint:

A bumper sticker on my truck says "I don't wanna be safe, I wanna be free"

I generally despise any so-called "safety" equipment, especially my new fuel can with the spout that has to be pushed in to operate. I can easily lose a fourth of the gas outta that contraption.:angry:

Those new cans aren't really meant to prevent spills, they are meant to be self closing to prevent the vapors from being released to the atmosphere when the can isn't being used...thank you EPA.

I find the new cans cause more spills than they help...and a lot of them are not even rated for low levels of alcohol found in today's fuels.

Give me an old can and a funnel as needed.

How could I forget this gem

a>

Not only a gas can but a toolbox too

I've got all plastic cans. A few months ago I was at a TSC Style store, they had these kits that had flexi spouts, 2-3 caps to fit different style/brand cans and those awesome yellow vents. :rock: there around $10 but id pay that to not use those ####ty safety spouts. I got a spare ill take a pic of when I go feed the critters in a bit.

I've got all plastic cans. A few months ago I was at a TSC Style store, they had these kits that had flexi spouts, 2-3 caps to fit different style/brand cans and those awesome yellow vents. :rock: there around $10 but id pay that to not use those ####ty safety spouts. I got a spare ill take a pic of when I go feed the critters in a bit.

This one?

View attachment 290357

Latest posts

Back