Ok, who else hasn't stacked any wood yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotorSeven

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Man, this year just seems busier than usual. I have 3-4 cords cut and laying on the ground, but have not got the splitter to them. I am starting to feel uneasy......or....I could just need another beer.

Anybody else out there slacking like me?

Creosote here I come.................:cheers:

RD

know what you mean! gotta blame it on the work slow down, or just to many old honey do items on the list??? lolonly have 3 cords sitting here at home and getting to be not enough funds in the jar to go and cut more? this living on a shoe string budget is makeing me nutzzzzzz!!! wood rather be out in the bush batteling the bugs and heat(rain) then spending so much worthless time doing the home thing!! ive always made my worth from home and firewood or small lot logging and its hard to even place a honest buck in the pocket these days!! "A BEER " wood be nice but cant even justify a cold one with the way things are.... so thats my bottom line and it dont look good!! "THANKS FOR BRINGIN IT UP " LOL NOW ! i need A COLD BEER FROM THE STASH!!!!!

I dont have a splitter and the pile at the bottom of the signature is about half oak and beech the rest maple. One or two pine logs (outside pit). I have split some with an 8lb maul, wedge and 3lb sledge. I started making my wood storage area it needs some 2x3's and corrugated plastic for a roof. I am just throwing what I split in a pile until I finish the rack.

I have 3 cord on the gound plus I still need to find 3 more.. been busy.. .. it'll get done before winter,, I think

Man, this year just seems busier than usual. I have 3-4 cords cut and laying on the ground, but have not got the splitter to them. I am starting to feel uneasy......or....I could just need another beer.

RD

Being that you are in TN, winter comes just after Thanksgiving, and last until just after Christmas. I'm sure the one cord will do you just fine. Pop a top, and get to splitting and stacking when you can......:cheers:

I just split ~2-3 cords today... finally got the new splitter, see new post in picture forum "A few weeks worth of cutting/splitting and a new splitter"

I think its a little late no :chainsaw:

I'm right there with ya, got about 10 cords cut n split in a big pile up at the deer camp, just haven't hauled it home yet to be stacked in the shed out back.......:givebeer:

Being that you are in TN, winter comes just after Thanksgiving, and last until just after Christmas. I'm sure the one cord will do you just fine. Pop a top, and get to splitting and stacking when you can......:cheers:

No hold on just a doggone min there Mt..suh...us Tennesseeans just had the coldest longest winter in about 20 years:laugh: I actually went thru about 8 cords heating my uninsulated shop. I know that secretly you Yanks envy a good mild suthern winter. But, yes and thank you I will have another High Life!

I have a bud coming to visit this week.....hmmm, I think I will put him to work:clap:

RD

Here's how I stack wood. Nice, straight rows!!:D:givebeer:

not started yet--but soon to. as the house is getting worked on this summer----should burn MUCH less wood when done---rebuilding a burnt ford 96 dually 4x4 power. should make great woodhauler---

I have about 2 cord down but havent been able to get to it due to work or the rains. Would be nice to go a week without getting soaked. Have a nice hickory that went down last fall but cant get to it right now either.

Procrastination is Ugly

I slack, therefore I am.

:blush:

About one cord stacked and very dry. About 5 more split and in piles. Maybe this week....
+1. If you fail to stack as you go along, you will eventually build a huge pile that you will never stack and much of your wood will never be burned.

Procrastination will eat you alive.

:agree2:
Between the rain and work, I'm finding it hard to get into the woods. Guys around here haven't even started doing hay yet, can't get three days in a row without rain. The step son and I have a bunch bucked up and stacked in the woods, need to haul it out and get it split, but its only about an eighth of what we need for the two houses. Our only advantage is we are cleaning up my FIL's woodlot after it was butchered by some un-profesional "loggers" a couple years ago, so most of what we are cutting had already been down and starting to dry for awhile.

RD
Depends on what your definition of stacked is.I have 7-9 cord split and off the ground with maybe 1 or more in the woodshed.
I'm done till it cools off some.

The two rounds of nasty thunderstorms got me a lot closer to my goal for the year. Man what a day that was, 75 mph straight line winds at in the afternoon, go outside and cleanup a big dead tree that fell, go help a few neighbors cut up a few other trees, get home around 6:30 and here comes round 2, not as bad but the 2.5 inches of rain didn't help!

I have next season's wood sliced-up in the woods, but need to either take the splitter to them, or bring them to the splitter.

Latest posts

Back