Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BETTER than a 346??? Are you feeling alright Don??? I do lie the feel of the 550, but I still may try to find a NOS 346xp... I DO miss that saw.
I know, that sounds wrong. But the 550 looks and feels smaller than the 346. This is important in a 50cc saw for me. Only thing holding me back from getting another 346, or a 550 locally, is the fact I can get a 'new ported' one from TLandrun...

:)

I know, that sounds wrong. But the 550 looks and feels smaller than the 346. This is important in a 50cc saw for me. Only thing holding me back from getting another 346, or a 550 locally, is the fact I can get a 'new ported' one from TLandrun...

Believe me, that's crossed my mind more than once. Dad's too!

I hear that. I gave a buddy my MM 550XP last night because I got a new 2253 from TLandrum and it's really sweet! Not that the 550XP wasn't but Terry does have a special way with these saws.

I hear that. I gave a buddy my MM 550XP last night because I got a new 2253 from TLandrum and it's really sweet! Not that the 550XP wasn't but Terry does have a special way with these saws.
I'm leaning toward the 2253 by Terry. But I really do not need any more saws! :)

Charity Cut III
Updated list
Hinerman +1+?
Cobey? Hopefully
Hedgerow
Levi
John Taliaferro + Mike
Oliver1655
Awol + slaves
Charity Cut III update, The county road department is clearing trees from along side a road south of Ozark. I met with the one in charge of it this afternoon. They are going to cut everything 8-10 ft long down to 3 inches in diameter. Most is in the 12-18 inch diameter range with a few as big as 3 ft. Somewhere between 30 and 50 trees. I didn't count them but there is a lot. They will be taking the logs to the recycling center in Ozark for us. That's where we will be working at. We will be processing the wood and moving it to another location and drop it off. People, splitters, and truck/trailers are needed. Hedgerow, Oliver1655, johntaliaferro, and I, all have splitters. Should be plenty. I think Ed can bring 3 trailers and I can bring one, too. People are needed to cut it, move it to the splitters and load trucks/trailers and moved to the other site about 5 miles away and dumped. That's the plan, anyway, and subject to change. Its a very easy location and where we will take it to is easy too. It just needs to be done in one day.
Looks like a busy, but fun day. Can't wait to see everybody there. Pm me and I'll give the address to the recycling center or just Google it.
Thanks for the help everyone.
Steve

Workshop, sounds like it will be a high production day! :chop:I am looking forward to it. I'll bring a 12' trailer, it holds 1 cord along with the splitter.

Please send the directions to the folks on the list. Thanks!

I'll have to check on when we can arrive and what time we will have to shut down. I think its 9-3:30. But not sure.

Recycling center is, basically,a wide open fenced in area. Plenty of room for maneuvering. The drop site, we've brought in 24 ft trailers before.

Hey everybody, Charity Cut III coming up January 11th. I really hope it doesn't snow!
The list so far;
Hinerman + co.
Cobey
Lumberjackchef
Hedgerow
Levi
Oliver1655
Awol + slaves
Lurch 2
Diggersdad
Johntaliafarrow + Mike
Something tasty for lunch and some late Christmas gifts.
I hope to see you all there. I'll send out directions Monday.
Steve
Latest update.

Charity Cut III update, The county road department is clearing trees from along side a road south of Ozark. I met with the one in charge of it this afternoon. They are going to cut everything 8-10 ft long down to 3 inches in diameter. Most is in the 12-18 inch diameter range with a few as big as 3 ft. Somewhere between 30 and 50 trees. I didn't count them but there is a lot. They will be taking the logs to the recycling center in Ozark for us. That's where we will be working at. We will be processing the wood and moving it to another location and drop it off. People, splitters, and truck/trailers are needed. Hedgerow, Oliver1655, johntaliaferro, and I, all have splitters. Should be plenty. I think Ed can bring 3 trailers and I can bring one, too. People are needed to cut it, move it to the splitters and load trucks/trailers and moved to the other site about 5 miles away and dumped. That's the plan, anyway, and subject to change. Its a very easy location and where we will take it to is easy too. It just needs to be done in one day.
Looks like a busy, but fun day. Can't wait to see everybody there. Pm me and I'll give the address to the recycling center or just Google it.
Thanks for the help everyone.
Steve
sounds like some bigger wood than last time, my little echo is gonna be challenged :) my big wood cutting saws weigh a ton
and im a wuss :/ gonna try to make it Steve

I asked them to take everything down to 3 inches in diameter to increase the amount of wood that we can get. Should be plenty of small stuff to cut up too. The older folks like the small stuff better, that's why we take it down to 3 inches.

yesterday me and the wife cut a pretty good sized load of big, old, elm, could just fit my foot under the bumper on the truck!
we gave it to the pregnant neighbor lady she was super happy, hope to keep her supplied this winter but shes gonna have wet wood.
the poulan 5020av broke three times :( the rear handle has so much flex in it now, when u cut in some positions
it wont go to w.o.t , the chain jumped bad once (bar nut fell off I know i tightened it) , finally the recoil spring broke.
it runs strong when it is not falling apart...ok to cut cants but sad for real work. real world cutting is too much for a $200 plastic saw

Latest posts

Back