Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gritz, I've had a few of those little Craftsmans and worked on a few dozen. They are good little saws, IMHO. I still have one I keep handy for throwing in the back of my pickup "just in case". More often than not, a carb kit and fuel lines will put it back in running order. I prefer a 12" bar and chain (Baileys had them on clearance for about $5 a couple of years ago and I stocked up). I fixed one up for a buddy 5 or 6 years ago and he still brags about that little saw. He says "It's just too handy to leave behind."

The fuel lines are so long that it can be frustrating to start it on a fresh rebuild or after its sat for a few months. Someone on here told me after the rebuild to shoot some air down through the carb to pull the fuel up and save pulling the starter so much. Sure enough, when I blew some air through the carb throat I could actually watch the fuel come up through the fuel line all the way to the carb! Fired on the second pull.

It's a simple, strong design. Not flashy or pretty, but a good little performer.

dd

Evening fellas. Stopped at one of my picking holes and saw these in the service shelf. 80EV 702EVL and 66SV
ejerytym.jpg

We had a Lil mishap unloading the engone .
eruburun.jpg

Got all set up and ground some ear corn.
vura8yre.jpg

My girls fell in love with this beauty.
a4yzejem.jpg

And I got to take this 1919 model T for a spin.
avu5ybuj.jpg

It was a pretty good day!

Just got back from the fair. The truck and tractor pull was a pretty good time. Its been close to a decade since I've been to one. The 4WD trucks were our favorite tonight. They were running fast and loud tonight. Met Chad on the way up there and he gave me a couple carbs for my 026 I'm working on. Always good to meet good people. Thanks again, Chad!

Morning neighbors!

Family lemo is dragging a length of tubing that came loose on one end of the rack/pinion. Connected to a rubber bellows/boot. Geezer had to crawl under and zip tie it up. 2007 Dodge Caravan. We are on our fourth one since '84. First time for this malfunction.

Evening fellas. Stopped at one of my picking holes and saw these in the service shelf. 80EV 702EVL and 66SV
ejerytym.jpg

We had a Lil mishap unloading the engone .
eruburun.jpg

Got all set up and ground some ear corn.
vura8yre.jpg

My girls fell in love with this beauty.
a4yzejem.jpg

And I got to take this 1919 model T for a spin.
avu5ybuj.jpg

It was a pretty good day!

Looks like a great time--- except for the mishap-----. I love going to those shows. I like the old stationary engines.

My Dad and I peddled a lot parts for those old T's--and several cars. Started in the 60's when cars and parts were cheap and plentiful (scrap iron price). Still sell some parts and tools at the local yearly swap meet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Looks like a great time--- except for the mishap-----. I love going to those shows. I like the old stationary engines.

My Dad and I peddled a lot parts for those old T's--and several cars. Started in the 60's when cars and parts were cheap and plentiful (scrap iron price). Still sell some parts and tools at the local yearly swap meet.

If any of you fellows end up in St. Louis on Easter sunday, go to Forest park at the Muny Opera upper parking lot. Free car show sponsored by the St. Louis Model T and A club.

Lots of classic cars and street machines on display. Been going on since before I was in high school. (when they invented dirt).

Just got back from the fair. The truck and tractor pull was a pretty good time. Its been close to a decade since I've been to one. The 4WD trucks were our favorite tonight. They were running fast and loud tonight. Met Chad on the way up there and he gave me a couple carbs for my 026 I'm working on. Always good to meet good people. Thanks again, Chad!
Glad to hear you had a good time. Nice timing eh? We were on our way back from Omaha, just took the kiddos and the grand kids to see the zoo! We stopped to eat in Kc and got to meet Brandon. Great to meet ya Brandon.

My duaghter and SIL both build and pull garden tractors and we have a blast watching them pull! They took my wife and I to the MSTPA pull last weekend where we watched the 4x4's too! they are pretty awesome to watch.

I forgot to ask if you needed any kits for those carbs. I have those on hand all the time I can always throw one in the mail to ya if ya need one let me know.

I laughed and laughed at the mishap nothing was hurt!!

Latest posts

Back