Old Barn - New Barn <pics>

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iCreek

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
We tore down the old barn and almost finished with the new barn. My sister in law funded the new barn, a nice new place for her horses. Wish I could sneak a few cord of wood in there :) It's 50'x112' plenty of room.

barn_before.jpg

barn_foundation.jpg

barn_framing.jpg

barn_metal.jpg

barn_final2.jpg

barn_final.jpg

Very nice I'll let you build another one my property if you want. Of course you would have to pay for it.

Scott

Very nice I'll let you build another one my property if you want. Of course you would have to pay for it.

Scott

Well we can't take the credit, we did the dirt work, a friend did the concrete footings and foundation, one middle aged Mennonite with three younger (18-21) Mennonites, framed and installed the tin. The whole project took 3 weeks so far. Still have left the gutters and electric which my brother in law is doing.

Scott I saw your project, good luck and keep us posted with some pics.

That looks like the building that I use to store my gear. Well, my dream building I mean.

Good job on the build ..... EDIT: I mean clearing .... and thanks for posting pics.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Will it eventually be heated with a wood burner?

No I could not talk her into it, plus her insurance company won't insure it with wood heat on the inside. It is only going to have one finished room, 14'x14' tack room, the rest is for horse stalls, parking a horse trailer, and a riding area.

I wanted to get into horses, once, but decided a cheaper hobby, like flying jet planes and frequent marriage/divorce was all my wallet could afford.

LOL... we have a radio station around here that has a program where you call in if you have something to sell... we call it "tradio". One lady called in wanting to trade her horse for "anything that doesn't eat". Hilarious !

Ian

What came of all beautiful old wood I would love to have? Makes great wood for framing paintings.

We kept most all the exterior wood from the first and second level, and once we dropped it picked out all the other good pieces. We also kept all the good beams and planks, and then cut the larger scrap pieces up for wood to burn. We also pulled off all the tin once it was on the ground for some of the other sheds on the farm. She is going to line inside her new tack room with the old barn wood.

We kept most all the exterior wood from the first and second level, and once we dropped it picked out all the other good pieces. We also kept all the good beams and planks, and then cut the larger scrap pieces up for wood to burn. We also pulled off all the tin once it was on the ground for some of the other sheds on the farm. She is going to line inside her new tack room with the old barn wood.

Great! Btw how many horses does the sil have?:jawdrop:

Latest posts

Back