Old Barn - New Barn <pics>

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And on we go...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The owner of Fallen Ash had planned to tear this barn down and erect a steel building...

All the neighbors pleaded with her to restore it...seems it was steeped in tradition...

Well...I assure you...she wonders where the neighbors are now...

At the the tune of $241,000....

We raised this entire barn off the ground...poured footers the entire perimeter..replaced massive support beams...resurrected the hay dolly...yes, those gable gates are operative...heating, cooling, kitchen, humidity controlled feed room...wash stall, ultrasound area...

Granted...at the tune of a quarter million...you can resurrect anything. And make it state of the art.

Consider this...while I was working this job...I watched a couple from Arkansas pay sight unseen $42,000 for a miniature colt out of this lady's champion stud. I swear not a day later I witnessed a man pay $30,000 plus for another.

I'm not a horse guy...still..WTF?????????????

Seriously, nice work on the barn.I like the clerestory windows and the board and batten looks great.Sounds like the client has some income to write it off against, and don't discount how nice that barn will look in her advertisements.You should be proud of your work.

I'm hiding this thread from my wife,, We have a 3 stalls barn that's full if she see this I'm screwed..

If I get the opportunity I'll get back there and shoot some photos of the finished interior...

I moved on to other projects...my partner in this one stayed on and finished the interior with all the salvageable barn siding... it's quite stunning.

He found old, time correct light fixtures and hardware...the trophy room and kitchen are the only areas done in new materials...it's quite a contrast coming from the barn proper to this area. Like stepping through time. Dude's a master at what he does.

What came of all beautiful old wood I would love to have? Makes great wood for framing paintings.

Do you know anyone who would do a tear down. I would love to save mine, but it is too far gone, would cost too much.

I'm a sucker for barns. We tore down a 100 year old milk barn. 3 stories high, 150 x 80. Salvaged all the wood we could, and toted it 40 miles home. Built a new barn, it is old wood on the outside, old wood on the inside, but between the 2 is 8" of insulation and 2 sheets of plywood that can not be seen. We used all the old beams and they can all be seen still where as supports throughout. Its is air tight when you close it all up, and looks out onto a 1000 acre lake. It was a real fun project.

Latest posts

Back