Old Barn - New Barn <pics>

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know anyone who would do a tear down. I would love to save mine, but it is too far gone, would cost too much.

If you are offering an old barn if I tear it down and the barn is in Austinville, Pa then sorry that's to far a haul for me. But thanks if that what you were getting at.

Now you know you gotta post pics after a story like that.:clap:

I am pretty sure that was before digital pictures, but I can go take a pic of the barn. It darn sure aint falling down anytime soon!

There was a chainsaw involved. We took off all the siding, removed as many of the beams as we felt safe, and ran a steel cable up through the rest of the building and connected to a dozer. I went round and made a dozen cuts in the remaining support beams that ran diagonal and vertical, then we gave it a tug with the dozer and it came down. There was no way we were going to get up on that roof and try and take it off that high.

Here is a shot from yesterday, we had a little snow dusting. Side doors were installed, cupolas ontop the roof, just waiting on the gutters and some inside stuff.

barn_side.jpg

barn_inside.jpg

barn_inside2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice. How many trucks will it take to pour the floor? I'll bet 10.

That is just a beautiful sight. Anybody else wondering how many hot rods could fit under that roof??

Back