On-Site Tree Biology Seminars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

underwor

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
On-Site Tree Biology Seminars:

We all know that you can not diagnose what is wrong with most systems if you do not know what right is. A diesel sounds different from a gas engine, two sounds different than four-stroke. A good diagnostician knows what signs and symptoms to look for and also knows what response tweaking this or that setting will yield. The same is true of a tree as it is of an engine. If your business is not running on all cylinders, it may be the tree which is the least understood component of the system, and yet the most important.

It is often hard to justify taking a few days off in the heart of your season and sending the entire crew to a distant seminar, even if deep down inside you know the payoff in work quality will outweigh the cost. Wouldn’t it be nice if the seminar came to you? That is a possibility now.

During the summer months, when the trees and their responses are most easily observed and explained, I am available to visit your work-site and spend some time discussing tree biology with you, your crew and your sales force. You may just find out that you are more knowledgeable than you thought you were, you just did not know how to convey the knowledge to the customer or your crew. Sometimes having someone verify what you thought you knew is the spark of confidence or credibility needed for success.

My first such experience came in 2003 when 4 tree care companies in the Moscow, Russia area invited me over to observe their operations. Although I did not make much profit on the deal, I spent less than $200 for the 10 days, so I definitely got paid. I realized that the basics are the same everywhere. The differences are what makes the occupation interesting. I have since worked for several insurance companies and lawyers as a consultant and have found that they truly wanted to understand what was happening in the trees being questioned and were amazed at the complexity of the organisms.

If you or your employer are interested in this possibility, just give me a contact number or drop a pm to me. We can discuss how this might work for you. It is a win-win situation for both of us. You get 40 years of work and education experience and I get new stories and examples for my students on campus.

Thanks for considering this option.

Latest posts

Back