Only 31 more loads to go!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That oak cherry and walnut should keep you very warm this winter and it does beat paying a $400 electric bill. Since you only need 5 cords now your work is closer to being done.
:laugh:
yeah right. got splitter running last satudrday but did not get anything split.
have the skids to stack on at house, just refigured and i can stack 3 and 2/3rds cords outside garage.
so with another 1/3 cord in house.
all i should need is another cord....
hummmm how would the wife like me to put it in the front yard? :D

yes we were planning on going to the Harvest Homecoming in New Albany IN this weekend, (just north of Louy) but fire wood is more important.
besides the baby want's to camp in the back yard again. :D

course i burnt a few extra skids and some heating firewood last weekend but hey she had fun.

DSC04306pizza.jpg

not sure if i have 5 cord here or not doubt it... do have about a cord split and seasoned left over from last year....best get my but busy busy busy......
will be much easier this year, since i waited so long to split, i can split, load in truck/trailer, haul to house and stack, only have to stack twice instead of the normal 3 times. :D
have to get some of these oak skids cut up also.....

DSC04245small-1.jpg

Last edited:
Can I come by and get some of those 3 cords you will no longer be needing??
:cheers: :hmm3grin2orange:
:D you funny guy...;)

had a buddy last year needed some wood to get him through the last couple weeks of winter.....i said come on out and help me split what i have left....

he got there and once he saw the size of the rounds. he said.

" i don't need heat that bad"

Last edited:
Those cherry rounds should be nice to split with your mauls..... I just finished with some oak about that size and they beat me up.

Those cherry rounds should be nice to split with your mauls..... I just finished with some oak about that size and they beat me up.
yes, yes they will and i will split the cherry by hand, (pants don't fit :( ) got a couple of the oak's split and deciede to wait till about 9am (don't want to start saw too earily) and rip them about 6" then stuff the wedges in, save me some swings....

would love another load of sasafrass, ain't never found anything that spilts so easy.

got four loads of this a few years back in one weekend, the wife is a slave driver. I split every pecie by hand. burns okay. but price was right.

DSC00739small.jpg

Back