Opinions needed ..............

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooterbum

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just got notice today that my youngest daughter made the National FFA Band.(insert proud papa beaming here).
Now with a pile of teenagers I need to raise some extra funds for her trip to Indianapolis.

I have a few saws that are gonna be sold to help with funding.An 066,a like new muffler modded 5100s and whatever else I need to sell.

My question is would it be appropiate to list them in the trader here as a fund raiser type thing or just hit Ebay?

I guess I'm just looking for some input as to the best way.I usually don't sell any of my saws,but I can't think of a better reason to.She's a prodigy type who plays every instrument she picks up.Which keeps me pretty strapped buying new and/or better instruments.But I figure she only has her youth once.I used mine all up........... Thanks for any input Steve

I believe you will make the most money on E-bay. Especially with the 066.

Just got notice today that my youngest daughter made the National FFA Band.(insert proud papa beaming here).
Now with a pile of teenagers I need to raise some extra funds for her trip to Indianapolis.

I have a few saws that are gonna be sold to help with funding.An 066,a like new muffler modded 5100s and whatever else I need to sell.

My question is would it be appropiate to list them in the trader here as a fund raiser type thing or just hit Ebay?

I guess I'm just looking for some input as to the best way.I usually don't sell any of my saws,but I can't think of a better reason to.She's a prodigy type who plays every instrument she picks up.Which keeps me pretty strapped buying new and/or better instruments.But I figure she only has her youth once.I used mine all up........... Thanks for any input Steve

Congratulations to her and you should be proud. Good problem to have; I never complain about having to spend money for my boys. Can't think of a better use for my money.

Congratulations to her and you should be proud. Good problem to have; I never complain about having to spend money for my boys. Can't think of a better use for my money.

Thanks ! I never complain about spending money on the kids.I figure it is money well spent in most cases.

As far as cutting wood,I supply 3 households and my workshop with wood for heat.So it doesn't leave much spare time.

Scooter

I sure you are proud of her and love all your kids, When i was growing up i was told that your kids will bring you so much love and joy, and i was thinking yah right not if they are like me! Now that i am a dad i understand it all and it gets better with each day, what a blessing! Anyway i cant help you on the sale of your saws and it is too bad that the firewood thing wont work, that is how my kids learn the value of the dollar cutting wood and paying for there sports and stuff, however, i know in my town if it is a good cause (and this is) they put cans on the counters in the stores and people put money in there to help people pay for things like that. Some times it is band members going to camp sometimes it is a person with cancer that just needs money to buy gas to get her cemo. You may think it is a charity type thing, however if i saw a can on the counter and seen what your daughter accomplished i would be proud enough of her and the raising you did to get her there that i would slip a $10 or something in there for ya!:clap:

You'll get the most money on eBay (it's too hot to be cutting firewood!)

Yeah I'd love to be there for the performance.Haven't missed one yet from the very begining.Mapquest says about a 10 hour ride.
I don't know if these old bones are up for a ride on the bike that far or not.
I guess I may just be finding out.

Latest posts

Back