Pacific Northwest GTG (June 12-15, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How About Another GTG ???

As some of you know we have been well supported by some of our local and not quite racers. They haven't missed bringing some HOT SAWs each year and have been open and helpful to all. Well this year it's fallen upon Kevin Dunnavin to put on the Cottage Grove logging show, (AUG 16th and 17th one show each day) and he is doing all he can to get some well known racers to come and do their stuff! (Mel Lentz, Mike Forrester, Dennis Cahoon, Points Leaders from the American Lumber Jacks and others) There's not a lot of local chances to see these guys in action and I'm not going to miss it! SOOOOOOO Here's my idea......The Cottage Grove fair grounds are not too far from here, twenty mile range, we still have lots of wood, the out door shower, room for camping, fire pit, cooking stuff ( two new garage doors) and so forth. All we need to GTG !!! Lets Do It Again! Come Friday, catch the show Saturday, BBQ, and talk dirty Saturday night .....and....well you know the drill.....MORE TO COME.......Bob

As some of you know we have been well supported by some of our local and not quite racers. They haven't missed bringing some HOT SAWs each year and have been open and helpful to all. Well this year it's fallen upon Kevin Dunnavin to put on the Cottage Grove logging show, (AUG 16th and 17th one show each day) and he is doing all he can to get some well known racers to come and do their stuff! (Mel Lentz, Mike Forrester, Dennis Cahoon, Points Leaders from the American Lumber Jacks and others) There's not a lot of local chances to see these guys in action and I'm not going to miss it! SOOOOOOO Here's my idea......The Cottage Grove fair grounds are not too far from here, twenty mile range, we still have lots of wood, the out door shower, room for camping, fire pit, cooking stuff ( two new garage doors) and so forth. All we need to GTG !!! Lets Do It Again! Come Friday, catch the show Saturday, BBQ, and talk dirty Saturday night .....and....well you know the drill.....MORE TO COME.......Bob

I'm in.. saw......................................weet thanks Bob yeh not far at all to Cottage Grove and I can play a round of Disc Golf before it gets to hot course is right there..best of both worlds....T I need a caddy I pay in PBR:hmm3grin2orange:

You can probably guess my response... I'm there if I'm not on a fire! Of course, this year we have a minimal crew, so it's pretty likely that I'll be on a short leash. I'll know more as the day approaches. Haven't been to Cottage Grove in years. Might take a jaunt up the Row River if I can make it. See what my old haunts look like. Always loved the grocery-gas-post office-tavern in Dorena. Wonder if the cool old pirate of a retired Merchant Marine that ran the place is still kicking.

You can probably guess my response... I'm there if I'm not on fire! Of course, this year we have a minimal crew, so it's pretty likely that I'll be on a short leash. I'll know more as the day approaches. Haven't been to Cottage Grove in years. Might take a jaunt up the Row River if I can make it. See what my old haunts look like. Always loved the grocery-gas-post office-tavern in Dorena. Wonder if the cool old pirate of a retired Merchant Marine that ran the place is still kicking.

Maybe do that McCulloch deal.

Last edited:
Looking Good...!

IT' shaping up to be a fun week end! Well two week ends really what with the Steam Up on the 3rd and the logging show on the 16 & 17th........Can't wait! PM me if you need anything......Bob

Little GTG Still On.......

There hasn't been a lot of response as yet but we are going on with our plans to host the mini GTG and attend the Cottage Grove Logging Show over the week end of the 15th thru 17th of Aug. We will also be at the Steam up on Saturday the 3rd. Hope to see a lot of our GTG Friends for both!!!!:rock: Now on to a more serious note: Those of you who are fans of the Wild Thing Racing will be pleased to know that your PNW Champ (me) has been further modifying his winning saw. "You Can't Rest Easy When You Are The Champ".............Bob

Still a Bit Quiet But....

To add to the week ends adventure, there is also going to be a Chain Saw Carving Show in Blue River and that's just up river from us a few miles. What's not to like about a week end with a GTG, Logging show, Carving show, BBQ, Cookies & Noodles, Talking dirty, PBR's and so on.....:rock:...........Bob

Sure Going To Miss

The BOB's but this is only going to be a mini GTG scattered among the ruins of the last! There's always next year!...:cheers: Tomorrow at this time we will off to the "STEAM UP"!....:rock: Once that's over I should have lots more to post about the Cottage Grove show and so forth. See yah at the Steam Up.....

The BOB's but this is only going to be a mini GTG scattered among the ruins of the last! There's always next year!...:cheers: Tomorrow at this time we will off to the "STEAM UP"!....:rock: Once that's over I should have lots more to post about the Cottage Grove show and so forth. See yah at the Steam Up.....

Jani and I should show up around 11 or so at the steam up if you want to meet up

Steam Up is now History....

Had a great time.....That Place/Event is HUGE!!! Did hook up with CedarKerf and MtmMom and spent a bit of time with Fraser & Sheldon. Got a new to me antique saw and left it for the guys to use. I'm sure they can handle a 5 foot plus bar even if it has wooden handles at the ends.....:msp_tongue: Time now to get ready for the Mini GTG and Logging Show.......More to come......:rock:

Finally Heard From....

Kevin Dunnavin on who is showing for the Cottage Grove show. Mel Lentz, TJ Bexten, Josh Stoken, Mike Forrester, with Adam Clark and George Harrison as yet undecided. Cahoon will not make it this time. In addition to the above named there will also be a host of locals and of course the Phil's Saw Shop gang. Kevin will also be competing. ( no Wild Thing Races though ) Stuff starts happening Friday at 6pm and then again on Saturday at 10am. I'm going to try for the Saturday show. The "FarleyVille" fair grounds will be open for anyone who wants to do the GTG thing or just hang out from Friday the 16th on....Plenty of stuff to look at, play with, eats and drinks, the fire pit, and lets finish up those sorta Swedish things.........Hope to see some of the Gang......Bob

I will be staying home. I've got a major job going to happen on a tooth, but not in time. I have to try to remain calm--no jaw clenching like yesterday when I backed my trailer into the shop, or else I get a major throbbing pain in my jaw and ear. Have fun....sigh.:msp_sad:

Latest posts

Back