Pacific Northwest GTG (June 12-15, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin Dunnavin on who is showing for the Cottage Grove show. Mel Lentz, TJ Bexten, Josh Stoken, Mike Forrester, with Adam Clark and George Harrison as yet undecided. Cahoon will not make it this time. In addition to the above named there will also be a host of locals and of course the Phil's Saw Shop gang. Kevin will also be competing. ( no Wild Thing Races though ) Stuff starts happening Friday at 6pm and then again on Saturday at 10am. I'm going to try for the Saturday show. The "FarleyVille" fair grounds will be open for anyone who wants to do the GTG thing or just hang out from Friday the 16th on....Plenty of stuff to look at, play with, eats and drinks, the fire pit, and lets finish up those sorta Swedish things.........Hope to see some of the Gang......Bob

I'll try to come down Friday night then, and hit the show Saturday morning with you. Sorry that many of you can't make it. Duty calls. And a sore tooth. Fraser has got your misery whip, and hopefully he's got the bends straightened out by now from us trying to use it. But at least it isn't as grabby anymore from being so sharp, because we let Frasers son, James, practice sharpening on it. Now it just glides thru the wood. :msp_tongue:

Going To Miss Those ....

Who can't make it! ( I kinda think we are a great bunch) Those that can who will be here Friday just come on up to the house. I plan on having something for you to eat and of course drink! From here we can work out our plans...........SEE YAH Here!.........Bob

Got A Call from Kevin D.

He wanted to know if there was anyone of us that would help out as timers. Seems that the rules for this type event ( national? ) are set in such a way as to not give any locals a real or imagined advantage. He will not even be allowed to race in his own event as he selected and prepared the wood, and so forth! At any rate some of you may be asked to time.......I made no commitments on your behalf. ( and now to a more heart/ear warming story ... be sure to ask how a CHAMPIONSHIP PIPED, WILD THING, sounds.....:hmm3grin2orange:........Bob

I couldn't take photos because I volunteered to time the saws, and T did also. Bob and Fraser might have got a few pictures. Bottom line, I had a great time. Front row seat at the hotsaw competition, I was fed some great BBQ and cold beer, and got to spend time with great people. Pictures wouldn't have done it justice anyways.

Well ....Back To Normal!

We had a great time.....From Friday to Monday Night! Fraser and then Sheldon made it down as did Shannon, "T", and the kids. Chicken BBQ on the house deck at the river, knocked down a few and fired up the newest WT version. (I may have begged a little) Saturday am we headed out to the Cottage Grove Fair Grounds in 3 cars. Not because there were a lot of us but Fraser was going on down south for a family visit after the show and Sheldon had a ten foot bar appointment in Roseburg. Show was great! "T" and Sheldon volunteered to help time while Fraser and myself excelled as spectators! Terry Brannon camped there and provided his GREAT BBQ for the racers and a few other lucky people in addition to competing in at least 3 classes! I will try and get all the event winners and times from Kevin and then post here. In the Bad News/Good News, Big Grin, part of this........Before we left for the fair grounds We took the WT Champ saw, newly piped, out to the field and ZZZZIPPPED it through some 10" cants. Seemed faster and stronger! All thought I should bring it but the conservative side of me didn't see a place for some Wild Thing Wacko's at this show. Well I was wrong about that! Nate showed with his and was ready to RACE!!! Well the Bad News is that we didn't have our race. However, the GOOD NEWS IS THAT after seeing his run and watching it cut I'm still the WT CHAMP but now have a C/S as part of my title but I will have a chance to change where my pipe runs, lighten the flywheel, and nudge a little more spark advance before we race again. His was really fast this time! So is mine! Going to be some fun races!!!! Sheldon came back Saturday night with some neat "BARS" on his trailer and we did the BBQ on the deck thing again after being joined by Casey (think golf cart, camp fire, survivors). Sunday am Sheldon and I played chainsaw with some saws that he hadn't run at the GTG. 49SP and 70 Jonesreds, 55 and 5000 Plus Partners, Ported 55 Husky closed port, 60cc ported Poulan 330 and a couple more I don't remember along with the WT.......Sheldon headed home late Sunday by way of Sweethome where he had another saw waiting. Casey went river rafting with Shannon,"T" and the kids and then back to the deck.......Here it is Tuesday and I have my feet up! Did get a 357xp in the mail though......What Sickness????..........:msp_smile:.....Bob

Bob, good to see at the Cottage Grove race! Enjoyed hanging out, looking forward to your GTG next year. Best regards, Adam

Thanks adam....

It was great seeing you again! It's been a few years! I'm glad to see that you are still affected with this madness! Your ideas and worksmanship would be missed. Looking forward to seeing you again at one of our next PNW GTG's....:rock:....Bob

View attachment 311247Of Bobs saws that I RAN that day, the 49SP was my 2nd favorite, behind the Wild Thing of course. That saw rips! I sure hope I'm there for the Wild Thing races. Bob-I'm looking for an excuse to get back down there, so let me know when you want to head into Phil's. I'll throw the 3120 cylinder in the truck and head your direction. Maybe I'll crash on the 6 projects you sent me home with next weekend, and try to get a couple done at least. I'm hoping for some deck time at your getaway. :cool2:

Last edited:
Sheldon-Already Talked To Shannon......

About coverage and she is willing. Just need some dates. Always a good time over there! No need to "CRASH" on those six. I have my hands full with the WT pipe relocate and the parts for my 357xp have arrived. Lots to do when I can find time......Bob

Latest posts

Back