Pacific Northwest GTG (June 12-15, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Stihl 051AV about a 24 inch hard nose,, the original owner said it was totally rebuilt about 20 years ago and has about an hours use since, it has weak spark.
Does anyone want it,, will trade for refreshments. No sense bringing it if its not wanted, it needs a loving home.
Have some owners manuals as well, Mac SP-125, Pioneer 1770/1870 and a Pioneer 3200/3270
Will bring some extra assorted B/C's also.
Hope there is a porting tutor there as well.:)
Im pacing,,,
BBB

I have been wanting an 051 for some time as it was the first saw I spent any real time running. How much of what refreshments are you looking for? We have some excellent beers in these parts.
I will put your name on it.
We can work on the details later.
Nice to see it go to a good home.
I want to see it running before we leave the GTG if we can,,,hopefully its just dirty points.
As I have never ran one.
BTW it has the STIHL logo embossed into the bar, date stamp 07-70
BBB

By the way, happy birthday Nate! I'm looking forward to seeing you. I've got some pictures of a Doug fir that has fungus/rot/bug problems, and I need your expertise. It's a shade tree in my front yard that I would really hate to lose. See ya soon!

I'm bringing bringing some stuff for Aaron, a 10-10 for randy, and some trading saws. My runners will be a pioneer 3270S (77cc), sxl925w (82cc), and super 250 (87cc), all from a great era. Then I'll have the 166 and 750, along with a 3120 hotsaw that I just ran last night for the first time. Then a 90cc lineup- solo 690, dolmar 9000, dolmar 143, stihl 056m2. Maybe a few old relics if they'll fit.

There's going to be three Bobs, isn't there? Gologit will be there I hope. I've got a stump I want him to critique.

Ha! Somebody ought to critique my stumps. :rolleyes:

We should be there if everything works out alright. Wife is cooking up a massive multi-meat meatloaf.
We'll bring a goodly stock of paper plates too.
I have a copy of Will Malloff's book on chainsaw lumbermaking for the traveling book club. First come first served on that.

Sheldon, is that the Cottonwood stump you want critiqued? We need to cut that one off close to the ground and make something with the hollow part. I spent the morning assembling bar stools, weed eating the shaded B/S area and painting the second coat of primer white on the axe target. Tomorrow I hit the store for some things to help hanging some posters. I won't get to work on any saws until the GTG the way things are going.........

sheldon is coming by this weekend to grind some square. maybe he can help me decide what to bring. i think he knows more of what i have than i do.:dizzy:

I think I can help with that!

Sheldon, is that the Cottonwood stump you want critiqued? We need to cut that one off close to the ground and make something with the hollow part. I spent the morning assembling bar stools, weed eating the shaded B/S area and painting the second coat of primer white on the axe target. Tomorrow I hit the store for some things to help hanging some posters. I won't get to work on any saws until the GTG the way things are going.........

Ya, I was looking for a way to get Bob talking technique so I can learn something, and that stump aught to get him going. :oops: But the stump does have a lot of character, it will make something neat. You've been busy!

i'd be going up there but that weekend i'm leaving to go to Sheboygan, WI for Kohler generator training for the week, and what sucks is i got my company to let me drive my work truck to the gtg:(

i may send aaron up with acuple things to trade, one is a stihl bar 14mm mount 34" in .404 (i think i have a chain for it)
and the other is a huskey L65, runs power head only the only bad thing about it is someone tried to fix a leaky case gasket with jbweld
possibly a 020t super will find it's way into aarons truck
pm me if you'd like pics of them
i am looking for is a husky mount 28" bar wiith a .065" grove
and a mac 10 series bar about 28" aswell

I have determined I have some trunk space left over,, just a little,, I have a Lombard Commango 16in saw complete, PO said it runs the starter needs attention,
any takers???
Its is in pretty good cosmetic shape.
I need to get $10 bucks,,,
BBB

I have determined I have some trunk space left over,, just a little,, I have a Lombard Commango 16in saw complete, PO said it runs the starter needs attention,
any takers???
Its is in pretty good cosmetic shape.
I need to get $10 bucks,,,
BBB

I'll take the Comango for $10. Been wanting to mess with a 68cc Lombard for a while.

Latest posts

Back