Pacific Northwest GTG (June 12-15, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ckelp...It will be nice meeting you! Bring what you can. I too have LOTS of stuff to get rid of. Running out of floor space. We do have a swap area and it's been active every year.....Bob

IMG_1871.JPG NICE WOOD FRASER!..... (THANKS) I almost take back my disappointment in not seeing you today! Here are some pictures taken today. "T" spent some time pressure washing logs he set up in the south east play ground. There is also a picture of that area from the barn upstairs. The new ax target got painted and the little upstairs bar area is close to being finished. There's also a couple views of the north west playground area where Fraser's nice pieces are going, and of the kitchen area where the Bug is for now. Getting more ready every day!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1872.JPG
    IMG_1872.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1874.JPG
    IMG_1874.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1877.JPG
    IMG_1877.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1879.JPG
    IMG_1879.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1883.JPG
    IMG_1883.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1884.JPG
    IMG_1884.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1886.JPG
    IMG_1886.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1890.JPG
    IMG_1890.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 35
Hey Ckelp...It will be nice meeting you! Bring what you can. I too have LOTS of stuff to get rid of. Running out of floor space. We do have a swap area and it's been active every year.....Bob
unfortunately i'm not going to be up there this year, my company is sending me back east for factory training.. i'll be leaving sundry afternoon. so it would be kinda hard to drive the 500 and something miles back home to catch a flight. next year i'm already planing on going next year and i'll be bringing the travel trailer, saws, wife and kid..
aaron will bringing some of my crap up with him.

Yeah Ckelp, I completely misunderstood your message. Sorry you can't do it this time! We are also going to miss Doug Moore and the Alaska group! Seems every year some people you look forward to meeting can't do it at the last minute but on the brighter side someone new always pops in! YES, SlowP, a BAR!!! Where better for those crushed by "Old Sparkless" to heal their wounds!

The above pictures are from today and show Fraser (paccity) and "T" setting up and playing with some new logs in the east playground and a couple pictures from the west end and the fire pit area.....Bob

Here are a few more from today. IMG_1894.JPG Fraser brings the Chunks....IMG_1897.JPG New ax target set and this one has a beer can hole.....IMG_1898.JPG The Chunk is set! In this area (the west play ground or Fraser Field ) we can now move some 12" 20" Fir and some more older stuff for the Candle, Mushroom, Tiki, and who knows what else carving crowd.......More to come

Looking great guys! Thanks for all your hard work, time, and expense.

I'm sorting through what to bring up now. Will only be bringing 3-4 saws to play with. Bringing tools and supplies to work on saws, as I always end up working on people's saws at GTG's (and if I pick up a new toy I'll want to tinker with it). Hopefully Randy and I will be able to make something loud out of his box of 82cc Mac parts.

Will be hauling up whatever Dave dumps on me for trade bait.

I have a Mall 11 with bar, stinger, and a loop of scratcher chain for sale/trade that I could bring up if somebody's interested and lets me know before Thursday. If not, it's stayin' at home as it's a big bugger. Turns over with compression and appears to be complete. Haven't looked any farther into it.

Got a bunch of older North American saws/bars/parts recently in a "must take all" batch. LMK if you're looking for something. If I have it, I'll bring it. Again.........contact me before Thursday...

I'm always interested in certain older Homelite, McCuloch, and Poulan saws/parts/bars.

Also interested in Husky 238-246, 61-272, 181-288, and 285/1100/2100/298/2101 saws and parts.

Also may be interested in a Sachs Dolmar 143.

I'm interested in lengths of chain and tie straps/presets. 1/2"-.063G and .404-.063G mostly, 3/8" pitch as well...

Looking great guys! Thanks for all your hard work, time, and expense.

I'm sorting through what to bring up now. Will only be bringing 3-4 saws to play with. Bringing tools and supplies to work on saws, as I always end up working on people's saws at GTG's (and if I pick up a new toy I'll want to tinker with it). Hopefully Randy and I will be able to make something loud out of his box of 82cc Mac parts.

Will be hauling up whatever Dave dumps on me for trade bait.

I have a Mall 11 with bar, stinger, and a loop of scratcher chain for sale/trade that I could bring up if somebody's interested and lets me know before Thursday. If not, it's stayin' at home as it's a big bugger. Turns over with compression and appears to be complete. Haven't looked any farther into it.

Got a bunch of older North American saws/bars/parts recently in a "must take all" batch. LMK if you're looking for something. If I have it, I'll bring it. Again.........contact me before Thursday...

I'm always interested in certain older Homelite, McCuloch, and Poulan saws/parts/bars.

Also interested in Husky 238-246, 61-272, 181-288, and 285/1100/2100/298/2101 saws and parts.

Also may be interested in a Sachs Dolmar 143.

I'm interested in lengths of chain and tie straps/presets. 1/2"-.063G and .404-.063G mostly, 3/8" pitch as well...

I got a few feet of fresh 1/2 pitch, a little rusty but not horrible, no masterlinks... I'll try and remember to throw in.

Got the war dept burning up a few batches of cookies (so you guys can figure out why I'm still fat, assuming I don't eat them all...), and I believe there is some homebrew around here somewhere, this is all depending on space and memory (both are lacking), and the plan is to bring down some local butchers brats. We'll be in the volvo and we'll be tenting it, I may have to tie the saws to the roof...

Anyway, if someone wants to throw their shoulder out trying to get the 090 to run let me know and I'll try to make room for it, as of now I'm pretty sure it needs a carb rebuild, it'll fire on straight fuel, just wont stay running for long.

I won't bring as many cookies? I have berries and pie stuff. The fiddle will be thrown in, but I am not very good so you will want earplugs. The Used Dog will need to take it easy. He overdid it a week ago and his hips are tender. He was quite a bit improved yesterday.

Northman, that's why I can't make cookies very much. I am circumferentially challenged and cookies must be sampled.

Oh, I must remember my collection of mystery stuff from shop cleanout. I do not know what the things are.

I won't bring as many cookies? I have berries and pie stuff. The fiddle will be thrown in, but I am not very good so you will want earplugs. The Used Dog will need to take it easy. He overdid it a week ago and his hips are tender. He was quite a bit improved yesterday.

Northman, that's why I can't make cookies very much. I am circumferentially challenged and cookies must be sampled.

Oh, I must remember my collection of mystery stuff from shop cleanout. I do not know what the things are.

Don't forget the picture.

Latest posts

Back